• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 187umKillah

187umKillah

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 03:27 AM

hey guys, im about to install a new hd and i have a back up of my data.
i pretty much know the basics and was wondering if anyone has any pointers,
any tweaks to make the whole process easier, better or whatever. I would have to say that UnleashX rocks, so i wanna make an install disk with my backup data, so any help would be much appreciated thx.... beerchug.gif

#2 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:55 AM

There was one thread here before that discusses this, if you have the time just dig thru all the post. Anyway, here's one recently, but not as detailed.

thread

#3 tweaqr

tweaqr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 April 2004 - 12:58 PM

it's also here
PrepareHD - Performs formatting of HD as if you just installed a new disk. Run only from DVD/CD to avoid error because of open files.. 
all you really need to do is put your back up of C, E (and/or F if it fits) on \CDrive\, \EDrive\ (and/or \FDrive\). You can also use the names CBackup, EBackup and FBackup, GDrive and GBackup can also be use. Preferably, a copy of UnleashX and config.xml shuold be on CDrive already, if not, UnleashX will handle that.

Burn it, pop it in, let it boot and it should detect that you have a new drive. Follow the on-screen instruction and let it finish. Don't select formating of G if you don't have one. After formating all the partitions, it will then copy the files in those folders to C, E and F. If there's no EvoxDash.xbe on C, it will copy itself as C:\\evoXdash.xbe, then finally proceed with booting up the CD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users