#1 theprasc

theprasc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 05:27 PM

Hey all,

I'm new to this scene, so plz excuse if my following question is stupid cause I missed something very obvious.

However, I just read through various tutorials about replacing the DVD-Rom drive of the Xbox. I have a really good Sony drive lying around, and I wanna put it in the XBox. I understand that I have to use the 74LS00 in the circuit determined by PSXBase. However, I want to entirely implement it within the drive, so that I can simply use the original 12 pin yellow connector, and do no need a Y-cable for power either.

In PSXBase's schematic is a diode connection from the eject switch to the Pin 8 of the yellow connector. This would prevent me to leave the yellow cable as is, and keep the drive completly detachable.

In some mods, this diode connectin is not needed. That is at least what some tutorials say. But why is that connection needed at all? What is its purpose? Shouldnt pin 8 ground automtically if eject is pressed? Am I missing something blatently obvious here?

plz help!!!!! uhh.gif

#2 theprasc

theprasc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 06:43 PM

also, will a Sony be able to read original game discs?

#3 slay

slay

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:www.blackstormx.com
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 April 2004 - 06:46 PM

check this: Thread

all info at the end of the post.

#4 theprasc

theprasc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:29 PM

thanx a lot. that actually makes a lot of sense. god im stupid unsure.gif .

I also found out that only the Samsung 616t and 616f can be mosses to read original game discs.

I guess all my questions have been answered.

thnx again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users