#1 jopo

jopo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 April 2004 - 06:46 PM

I cant intall them, for some raeson the first tiem i insatleld the XId drivers from this site, it instaleld, but i still couldent play, then i tried to install the XBCD and Xctrl but both times on both when i try to install it sais that windows could not find the proper files within those folders, has this happened to anyone else?

#2 pimpmaul69

pimpmaul69

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:13 PM

ok use xctrl..and here is how u do it.. without a memcard plugged in or any thing else..plug in the ms xbox controller..then when it asks for drivers choose a specific location and direct it to the xctrl drivers.. then it wilol have to install another driver.. let windows find that one automatically..and voila it works...set up with a ms brand controller

#3 jopo

jopo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 12:07 AM

ok, i wil try that, tomorrow, lol. Well thanks for your help and everyone elses.

#4 cueball13

cueball13

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 12:25 AM

Try uninstalling whichever drivers you aren't going to use. Also, try plugging it into a different usb port....although it's technically not supposed to matter which one you use, what a lot of times happens is windows will automatically assign that device in that port to a certain driver, but when you stick it in a different port it will let you choose which driver to assign if there're multiples installed. Also, does it show up when plugged in in the device manager? If so, what is it called? It should be a HID-compliant device or something, depending on which drivers you're using.

#5 jopo

jopo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (cueball13 @ Apr 28 2004, 02:25 AM)
Try uninstalling whichever drivers you aren't going to use. Also, try plugging it into a different usb port....although it's technically not supposed to matter which one you use, what a lot of times happens is windows will automatically assign that device in that port to a certain driver, but when you stick it in a different port it will let you choose which driver to assign if there're multiples installed. Also, does it show up when plugged in in the device manager? If so, what is it called? It should be a HID-compliant device or something, depending on which drivers you're using.

well yes, windows does detect that it is there, and i beleave that it did show up as that, i just now reformated my computer. And i will try the otehr ports, i was also wondering if the new MS intellipoint 5.0 dirvers could have anything to do with this, becuase my mouse alone takes up 3 spaces under the human interface devices as complaint consumer control device, and whn i installed the xbox controll not a new one poped up. but it was detected, it had the controll listed as an unknowned device.

#6 pimpmaul69

pimpmaul69

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 April 2004 - 10:12 AM

that mouse wont make a diff..just try the way i said

#7 jopo

jopo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:28 PM

ok, ill give it a shot, tonight i have a load of hoemwork, ill report what happends later like tomorrow or something

#8 jopo

jopo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (pimpmaul69 @ Apr 27 2004, 10:13 PM)
ok use xctrl..and here is how u do it.. without a memcard plugged in or any thing else..plug in the ms xbox controller..then when it asks for drivers choose a specific location and direct it to the xctrl drivers.. then it wilol have to install another driver.. let windows find that one automatically..and voila it works...set up with a ms brand controller

Will this not work with my DDR pad? from niome?

#9 jopo

jopo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 07:33 PM

wow thatnks man, it works perfectly
thanks for your help guys,

well it works good on the MS controller

but on the naki ddr pad it dosn 't work