• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 robxbox123

robxbox123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:10 PM

After playing my xbox in the morning of the fatal day i returned to it later in the afternoon.

I discovered then as i tried to switch on my xbox that it would not work?

all i could hear was the slight whirring noise of a fan then nothing, i kept on pressing and all i got was the fan noise. dismayed i opened my xbox to see if i could spot anything wrong with it. i admit i am no expert but there seem to be nothing wrong. Since then i have left my xbox unplugged and attempted many times to turn it on, all i get is fan noise. As far as i am aware nothing happened to it in the space of it working and not.

now the only success i have had is a slight spin up noise if the ide cable is unplugged.

i know it a long shot but if anyone has ne idea that would be awesome otherwise ill have to buy a new xbox. I never chipped my xbox it a V1.0 american and it had front exploit evolution x and phoenix bios loader

ne help much appreciated

#2 theprasc

theprasc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:43 PM

hmm,

do you have a multimeter?? maybe the powersupply isn't working correctly. it might provide only power on some cables/voltages.

if you have a multimeter, check the output of your PSU.

#3 robxbox123

robxbox123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 05:25 PM

i dont have a multimeter handy but last night managed to get it to switch on after holding the button down for a while.

Tried to leave it on over night but broke again. I think i has something to do with the power supply i read somewhere that the supply needs to give a certain amount of voltage to boot and it maybe only giving enough to power fans i dont really know.

i am going invest in a new power supply and hope that works thanks for the reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users