#1 gael

gael

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 11:23 PM

help please,

I'm a noob who wants to use shoutcast? I have xbmc 4-19-04 and I also find "shoutcast update" in the script folder.

I do I get this f..ken shoutcast started?

thanks

#2 mc_365

mc_365

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 12:51 AM

U need to unRaR the python archive and upload it to you python directory on you xbox if you havent already

you need to open the update script on your pc with notepad and edit the configuration settings to get the type of music you like. Then save it in the scripts directory on your xbox. Make sure you have the folder for the radio stations set where you want it.

go into xboxmediacenter.xml and add the path to your shoutcast radiostations; which is the radio station folder from above. Then you need to make sure you have your networking stuff all correct. Save the xboxmediacenter.xml and upload it to you xbox.

Next start xbmc goto settings, general, scripts, and run the shoutcast_update script.

Then go to your My Music tab and go into your radio station tab "whatever you called it" and select the stream you want to listen to.

I'm done holding your hand now

#3 gael

gael

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 12:56 AM

I will try that. Thanks for your time

gael

#4 punqewe

punqewe

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 April 2004 - 05:13 AM

Good god...you want the easiest way to get the shoutcast streams to work?

-create a folder in your xbox called shoutcast (preferably on the same drive as all the other files you goto with xbmc...eg videos/music)

-on your pc goto the shoutcast home page and right click the 'tune in' icon next to each channel and save the links to a folder

-now all you have to do is take the links that you copied and ftp them into your shoucast folder on your xbox

when you want to stream a station just open xbmc and then goto the shoutcast folder and open a link

-this will work without python installed as well

-as long as your xbox is set up to be online,you should have no problems,some stations will not conect though....but other than that it's all gravy.

GOOD LUCK

#5 Butcher_

Butcher_

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 08:02 AM

You can open a shoutcast pls file from anywhere, not just the shotucast directory. It may be easier to save them to a folder on your PC and open via SMB or ccx.

#6 DaShiZNiT

DaShiZNiT

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 April 2004 - 08:19 AM

good god is right, jeez he asked a simple question heres a simple answer

OPEN A .PLS

0 user(s) are reading this topic