4 replies to this topic

#1 Eventide

Eventide

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 02:02 AM

Ok, I have a rather odd problem. I am running an X2.3b Lite, header pin install, on a 1.4 xbox with an upgraded HD and the 12V fan mod.

Normally the xbox runs fine, but sometimes, usually after a program crashed or malfunctioned in some way, it will frag. Green light, off, Green light, off, Orange/Red flash. But after the final flash hitting the eject button causes it to boot fine.

I'm at a loss. This just recently started happening after I fudge linux install, but I doubt its a software problem.

It will still frag if I turn the chip off.

#2 Arakon

Arakon

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 02:17 AM

could be a dying power supply or bad solder joint that loses contact when the xbox gets warm.

#3 Eventide

Eventide

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 01:21 AM

Well, I just resoldered every pin on the pin header of my chip, and it still does it. Actually it does it more often now.

I dont think its the chip because it works the same when its off.

Bad PIC chip maybe?

#4 thedustycelt

thedustycelt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 April 2004 - 02:01 AM

Does it run fine when booting from the TSOP with stock bios?

Your chip might be flakey. I would reflash the bios with a newer version.

#5 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (Eventide @ Apr 29 2004, 03:21 AM)
Well, I just resoldered every pin on the pin header of my chip, and it still does it. Actually it does it more often now.

I dont think its the chip because it works the same when its off.

Bad PIC chip maybe?

If it happens with the chip off (meaning your xbox shuts down and frags on stock boot with mod chip disabled) you have an issue.

There is zero chance it is the chip or the bios since both the stock MS bios on the TSOP and the hacked bios on the LPC cannot have the same problem and both of them do boot - nor would it be an LPC install issue if you are booting off the TSOP and the chip is disabled since the LPC can have severed traces and the Xbox runs fine as long as you boot it without grounding D0 (although severed traces will prevent an LPC modchip from working).

Not sure whether it is power supply related or maybe temp related (xbox shuts down on excessive heat and may not boot back up if the heat is still beyond threshold). My experience ends where your trouble begins - at least you know what it's not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users