• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 prplehz

prplehz

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Interests:Romance, Audio/Video, Computers, Video Games, Skiing, Swimming.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 April 2004 - 03:11 AM

Hello all,

I have had a Matrix installed for over a year now, with just one problem. I have never really bothered to troubleshoot it since what I think will fix it requires removeing the motherboard. Well I have a crystal case on the way that I am going to do a parts swap with. So I thought I would give you all a shot at it. Ok everytime I turn on my Xbox with the chip on it turns on no problems at all 100% of the time. Now if I turn off the chip while the xbox is still cold and try to boot up I get nothing but a blank tv screen. No error lights fraging or anything just a blank screen with some hd activity noticed via hd light. Now if I turn my chip on and boot up and let my Xbox heat up and try it again with the chip off it will boot fine to the ms dash. I am thinking my D0 is making a bad connection but when it heats up it connects fine. But I don't know what exactly the D0 does, so I could be wrong.. Any ideas? blink.gif

#2 prplehz

prplehz

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:03 PM

Oh come on, 70+ views and no replys? Is everyone really as stumped as I am. Or is it just the d0 point and you all think I am such a big moron you wont tell me? LOL

#3 photoman

photoman

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 11:10 PM

I will reply...

The Matrix is solderless, so you won't have to remove the motherboard to fix anything. If you installed the chip yourself then this next step will be easy for you. If not find the Matrix Install Guides online and take a look so you know what I am going to say next.

Looking overhead at the chip, notice the one point that sticks out the furthest from the IDE connector. Now remove the chip, take some rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip; it should not be dripping, ring out extra liquid if you have to. (don't use a cottonball) Gently rub the area to clean it. Then put the chip back on, and re-align it. That may solve your problem.

I am not sure about the blank screen thing though. Is your hard drive locked?

#4 prplehz

prplehz

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 12:42 AM

Ya shes locked. You see the only reason I was going to take the mb out for was to solder to the alt do point on bottom of the board, and then attach wire to matrix. As well as add network act light. Well since I have a clear case on the way I will have the mb out anyway. So I was basicly wondering if this is gonna make any difference or if I should look else where. If it wasn't for the fact that the xbox boots up fine with video, cold or not with the chip on then I would suspect the video plug on back. But since it wont boot cold with chip off is the reason why I am targeting the chip.. I am willing to bet it will boot fine to ms dash while cold if I take chip out. And like I said once it warms up it works fine either way..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users