• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 woodsyau

woodsyau

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 11:00 AM

IM sorry to be cluttering this board with probibly stupid questions, but im new to all this so please bare with me =p

I just got an Executer2 modchip instaled along with backup software, when I open Apps and load up "px HDD Loader" to make a backup of a game, it gives me a message saying "Your modchip does not support the eject on reset trick found. Disk must already be inserted to install"

I am unsure why or how to avoid this ANY help would be great.

thanks heaps

-Woodsy
p.s I just got my first modchip like 2 hours ago and not feeling 100% satisfied yet =( wish it would just work

#2 pdottz

pdottz

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 April 2004 - 11:24 AM

woods.
it's not a question of the modchip. it's the bios flashed onto the chip. older bios' acted prettey much like the original msbios in that once you pressed eject, the system would reboot. newer bios' dont have this issue. when you press eject, it simply ejects the disk without rebooting the system. if you can't get the new bios installed then you have to have the disk already in the drive when you load pxhddloader. I recommend dvd2xbox over pxhddloader as it makes the game folder actually named what the game is.
If I where you, Id try my hardest at getting the newest bios out since the bios you are using probably wont let you use games without the simple mediachecks in them (bad).

#3 fancy_flying

fancy_flying

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 11:24 AM

Your problem is not the modchip, it's operator error!

What BIOS did you use, also run through your settings (in system managment if using Evox) and disable and reset functions.

Not a problem i'm framiliar with, but i'm sure an easy one to fix.

#4 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 April 2004 - 11:29 AM

You can simply turn off AUTO-LAUNCH game discs and then just have the game disc in, run the app, backup the game.

#5 woodsyau

woodsyau

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 01:15 PM

I turned off auto launch but still it launchs this makes me mad =p

Otherwise Im unsure what to do, I didnt mod my own Xbox, i got a shop to do it so I really dont know the first thing about editing and adding new programs.

any help would be so much apreciated

sad.gif -woodsy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users