X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 April 2004 - 05:43 PM

Heh heh....

It just dawned on me. I can reuse my file access commands to make for a simple web interface that can be used to make scripts that work for IRC, Telnet, FTP, E-Mail, etc....

I'll offer an OpenInternet command that you give a URL, IP, and/or port to open a raw conection and access that connection using the file access routines. Sound like a good idea?

This way, YOU GUYS can add the functionality needed to handle the varied protocols. wink.gif

#2 flattspott

flattspott

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:05 PM

Dude that'd be sweet. Imagine the possibilties...

On a side note though. There's a bug in the CloseImage stuff still.
Here's whats happening. In my LightsOut game, I use an image and it loads fine. Then I quit the game, FTP a new image (deleting the first one) and restart the game. To my surprise the first image still comes up even though I deleted it. I have to reboot before it'll use the new one.

#3 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:06 PM

Neat idea... like an online high scores database

#4 koldfuzion

koldfuzion

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 09:16 PM

awesome idea. let me know if there is anything i can do for that. (online highscores etc)

#5 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 April 2004 - 01:08 AM

Only problem being that anyone could modify a game script and post ridiculous high scores dry.gif . Except I might be overestimating capabilities of the average user, because scripts will be .xsm files, and people generally wouldn't know they're zip or rar. But if someone wanted, they could screw around with it.

So there could be some sort of checksum before a script is allowed to post online scores? But it's probably too much work to implement, and who really cares.

#6 flattspott

flattspott

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:04 AM

Well in some games it could be possible to have a maximum score limit. If they try to submit a score the over the maximum then it would have been tampered with. Just my two cents...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users