• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rainofire

rainofire

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 10:47 PM

I have done a search so forgive me if I post something people already know.

Xbox = 1.3
Western Digital 250 gig
Samsung DVD
Xecuter 2.3B Pro

I installed the hard drive and the chip for a friend. Running xecuter's most recent bios... Boots into avalaunch. Was copying applications over the the F Drive and started to backup games. We stopped after a while so I could show him how it worked. And then I got an all white screen in halo co-op. There was no sound and the xbox was still running.

I turned off the xbox and back on and it fragged. Same thing happened a few times. I thought the box was hot so I let it rest a while and booted into avalaunch. I checked the heat settings and at idle it didn't get any higher than 120 for cpu and 96 for mobo.

I went to go backup more games and it went through one and I check the temps and they were still the same. Out of curiosity I let the box sit for about 20 minutes ON and watched the heat and it never went up. Right before I was about to give up... It did the same thing. White screen and I couldn't log into the FTP. So the box locks up.

First I turned up the settings to run the fan at about 80% and the temps dropped about 10 degrees and held at idle. But another hour later, sitting in avalaunch, locked up again with the white screen.

It frags when I turn it back on, so i have to let it sit for a while to cool down and then it works... I don't understand what could be going on. The only thing I can think of is a heat problem. The xbox is about 6 months old.

Could it be a GPU heat problem? He has never had a problem like this before today.

#2 thedustycelt

thedustycelt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 April 2004 - 02:07 AM

It definatly sounds like a heat problem. It isn't necisarily one of the processors that is overheating though. It could be one of the other components on the motherboard going bad. After the box has been on for a while, look around for other chips geting to hot.

#3 thedustycelt

thedustycelt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:54 AM

One of the likly overhat problems and a fix....

http://secure.llamma...82da12bde070d50

user posted image

user posted image

#4 rainofire

rainofire

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 04:53 PM

I'll try that and see if it works... I am also going to try putting new thermal on the other two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users