1 reply to this topic

#1 blade_boy1

blade_boy1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 April 2004 - 01:37 PM

Hi Everybody! Im sorta new to the xbox scene and would like a little help with upgrading a hard drive. I had done it once before with no problems! However, Im trying to do it again and the replacement drive I bought came up FROZEN, which I understand means the drive will not accept any security commands like locking the drive. I was hoping somebody knew how to unfreeze a drive or if it can even be done.

Any help from anyone, I would be much obliged. biggrin.gif

#2 Rainchaser

Rainchaser

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (blade_boy1 @ Apr 29 2004, 03:37 PM)
Hi Everybody! Im sorta new to the xbox scene and would like a little help with upgrading a hard drive. I had done it once before with no problems! However, Im trying to do it again and the replacement drive I bought came up FROZEN, which I understand means the drive will not accept any security commands like locking the drive. I was hoping somebody knew how to unfreeze a drive or if it can even be done.

Any help from anyone, I would be much obliged. biggrin.gif

I had this problem myself and spent the last two days trying to figure it out. Turns out that it was my computer's BIOS that was setting the Freeze Lock flag everytime it booted up. Well, that's my guess anyway since when I took the HDD to my work PC and plugged it in, I was able to lock it without any problem and it wasn't Freeze Locked.

So, try to find another PC and plug your HDD into it and it should work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users