• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 evilmatt

evilmatt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 06:34 PM

Ok, I'm running an NTSC-US xbox with xecutor2 bios 4981 and EvoX 3935. Trying to run some of my PAL games, and they all work fine if I start up the xbox with them in the drive but if I go into EvoX first some of them (eg doax, panzer dragoon) do the whole no picture but can hear sound thing - running either from the disc or the hard drive. Having searched the forum the usual suggestion here would be to make sure IGR is turned off in evox.ini - except I already checked that and its off. Anyone got any other suggestions?

Muchos gracias in advance!!!

#2 gompee

gompee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 06:42 PM

use a video switch program like enigmah switch disk. you can change from ntsc to pal

#3 evilmatt

evilmatt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:01 PM

Sorry, should have mentioned I already tried that too. And setting the eeprom to PAL region 4 too. Both times it still boots up fine straight from the disc, but outputs no picture if I load from the disc or hdd having booted into EvoX. Bizarre and annoying!

#4 evilmatt

evilmatt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 06:11 AM

A-ha! Sorted my own problem so I thought I'd post it in case others come across the same thing. Basically, when I used the enigmah video switch into PAL I had enabled 60Hz in the dashboard. Trouble is, some games such as DOAX are only 50Hz - and when running from the EvoX menu it doesn't detect this, only that its PAL, and dumps it straight into PAL60 before booting the game. Hence no picture. I switched the dashboard back to PAL50 and EvoX now switches to PAL50 and all my games work biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users