• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gtard

gtard

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:36 PM

i am new to this so please bear with me if it is a sutpid question.

i dont really want to go into my xbox and solder stuff also, i dont want to pay for a modchip mainly cause you have to buy them online and my parents wont lend me their credit cards. the day i heard about the softmod routs i was very excited and ran home to try it out. when i got onto my xbox it auto logged onto xbox live and updated my system...me not nowing anything just clicked ok and let it continue. now, aparently i have the updated xboxdash that will not allow the font crack. sad.gif after working for a whole week to figure that out i came upon slayers 2.5. excited i went to download it and a day and a half later i had the iso. i burnt it onto a dvd...didnt boot. i had skipped some steps in the burning tutorial so i went back and burned one exactly the way it says to in the slayers tutorial. msdash came up saying that the disc is unusable. am i just a retard and you cant boot with out a modchip or am i doing somthing wrong in the burning process. i heard stuff about adding dumy files but didnt because the slayers tut didnt tell me to. also the main thing i want to do is install the evox dash so that whenever i boot up it auto goes there. i can already ftp to the box. i have the "good" dvdrom (according to the newbie guide that was pinned) i saw (on x-b-o-x) that some one had solved this problem by "simply" downgrading his M$ dash. but i dont know how to do that so...yeah. please, please, please help this lone and troubled noob. thanks for your time.

-gtard

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 April 2004 - 08:05 PM

am i just a retard and you cant boot with out a modchip

Yes thats correct.
If you cannot softmod then you need a modchip. Have a look on the tutorials page and read a bit.
Also you are more likely to get help if you only post once

#3 XBox-Savage (Clone)

XBox-Savage (Clone)

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 29 April 2004 - 08:08 PM

blink.gif Slayers only boots if you have a modchip or modified bios installed , get 007 Agent Under Fire , open Slayers ISO and extract the C , wtih 007 Evox Save do FTP and replace the dash , there you go , font hack working again beerchug.gif

#4 gtard

gtard

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Chancer @ Apr 29 2004, 10:05 PM)
Also you are more likely to get help if you only post once

sorry, didnt mean to. my internet was screwed up and didnt confirm that it had posted.

sorry again
-gtard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users