• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 newtong4

newtong4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 12:48 AM

i can never seem to get any of my games or apps to boot under any other dash but evox. am i doing somthing wrong directory listing wise? in unleash all of my games show up eith those lil previews but none ever launch and unleash(and ava and thc) just hangs. any ideas?

#2 Hectobleezy

Hectobleezy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 04:45 AM

Try updating your bios to a non Evox (M7) bios like Executer. It may have to do with the media patching.

#3 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 April 2004 - 05:44 AM

Also make sure your E: drive isn't full.

#4 zouber

zouber

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 01:07 PM

you have to flash your xbox by a executer bios = X2 4983 (good one)
and then in config.wml put this lines :

<Item Action="X2IGR_OFF">Turn Off X2 IGR</Item>
<Item Action="X2IGR_ON">Turn On X2 IGR</Item>

IGR for In Game Reset !

enjoy !

#5 UraniumXT

UraniumXT

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 01:12 PM

The same thing happened to me some time ago, ITS NOT THE BIOSyou have, Try changing the skin's xml so that the skin has no "loading backrground", this way it will launch anything.

#6 newtong4

newtong4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 03:15 PM

im using an xecuter bios not the m7 ( the m7 already deaded my chip once and i had to do a hotswap with a friend ohmy.gif ) but it was the same problem for any other dash but evox which make me think its a listing problem. also if i were to change the skin.xml in the skin that im using do i need to re zip the folder for unleash to use it?

#7 newtong4

newtong4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 03:23 PM

so i tried both of those ideas ( change the loading background and IGR) and unleash still hangs when i launch a game and i have to hard reset it. should i try the newest xecuter bios?

#8 Dolfhin

Dolfhin

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 30 April 2004 - 04:14 PM

I have exactly the same problem. I've tried a lot of things but nothing helps.... Try switching to Ava Launch or something, UnleashX is a nice Dash but what's the point of a Dash that doesn't launch Anything?

I hope this this fixed in the next version.

#9 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 April 2004 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (Dolfhin @ May 1 2004, 01:14 AM)
UnleashX is a nice Dash but what's the point of a Dash that doesn't launch Anything?

You must be talking of something else, or something is really screwed with your xbox.

#10 endo

endo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 07:14 PM

dolfhin: He stated in his first post that he has the same problem with Ava and THC, and it should be pretty obvious to you that the dash does launch apps just by glacing at numerous other posts in this forum.

newtong4: what bios *are* you using?? I also vote bios problem - if other dashboards do it, it cant be an unleash config problem. You need to troubleshoot areas the dash's have in common if the problem is global.

#11 Dolfhin

Dolfhin

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (endo @ Apr 30 2004, 09:14 PM)
dolfhin: He stated in his first post that he has the same problem with Ava and THC, and it should be pretty obvious to you that the dash does launch apps just by glacing at numerous other posts in this forum.

I know the Dash launch Apllications for OTHER people but ... unfortanley not for me. A frend of mine has exactly (well build on the same day and modded on the same way, i'll check the serial nummers later if it might help) the same Xbox as I have and UnleashX doesn't work for him either.
A other frend of mine has a Xbox build on a other day (well I think so he bought it 3 months after I bought him and at a other shop) and everything works fine for him.
I don't know if my Xbox is screwed up but i'll list what i've tried so far :

- The Bert and Ernie Reloaded fonts and the Catfish/Mech assualt Fonts
- Phoenix Bios Loader 1.3/1.3i/1.4/1.4.1
- Xcuter 4981.06/.67 BIOS, Xcuter 4981.06/.67 BIOS, Evox M7 BIOS
- Serveral Reinstalls of UnleashX
- A few changes in the Config.xml

But so far nothing has worked. I have a PAL xbox and I have PAL60 off and the Multigame setting are standard. If you want my config.xml i'll be happy to send it to you or try some other things. Somethimes UnleashX DOES launch applications for me but this doesn't hapen to often and i don't want to try to launch a aplication 5 times before it starts.

I love UnleashX and it's a great dash (and still becoming beter biggrin.gif) and it's the only dash that looks NICE (imo). But as i said before if it doesn't launch anything what's the point in using it sad.gif

edit : Avalaunch does launch applications fine, i'll test some other dashboard if you want.

btw : newtong4, Team Xcuter has released a ''bugy'' BIOS a while ago that didn't launch any application for anybody either. Could you upgrade to the newest BIOS version?

Edited by Dolfhin, 30 April 2004 - 09:20 PM.

#12 endo

endo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 10:03 PM

Dolfhin: I use the following file to set up soft mod's in conjunction with Unleash - PBL1.3.5i_signed_font_exploit.zip. Get it from the usual places. It was unclear to me from your last post whether or not you used this particular version, however I have used this file with much success. I have only ever seen your issue manifest itself when there was an xbe signing issue (although why Ava would launch apps if this were the case is beyond me). Have you tried evox?

#13 Dolfhin

Dolfhin

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (endo @ May 1 2004, 12:03 AM)
Dolfhin: I use the following file to set up soft mod's in conjunction with Unleash - PBL1.3.5i_signed_font_exploit.zip. Get it from the usual places. It was unclear to me from your last post whether or not you used this particular version, however I have used this file with much success. I have only ever seen your issue manifest itself when there was an xbe signing issue (although why Ava would launch apps if this were the case is beyond me). Have you tried evox?

I'm going to try Evox and the PBL you adviced ASAP and i hope it works. I'll you let you know if it works. Now it's to go to bed (it's 2:08 here biggrin.gif)

Thanks biggrin.gif

#14 newtong4

newtong4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 01:24 AM

it was my bios. used flashx to update it to 4983. originally had 4980 so i guess that was a buggy one. thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users