11 replies to this topic

#1 NEUROMODS

NEUROMODS

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 09:25 PM

I have heard so much about Slayer, but could not find out what exactly it is? Sounds to me like this is a DVD that lets you install Evox and other programs easy right? If thats the case I already have made a DVD like that, actually they been around forever.

#2 AnThRaX

AnThRaX

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 April 2004 - 09:28 PM

Slayer = metal band

The real slayers what your refeering to. Is slayers auto installer 2.5, it installs all needed apps. It is used when first modding your xbox, then put the slayers and it will install everything you need, xbmp/xbmc, boxplorer, evox, etc...

#3 NEUROMODS

NEUROMODS

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 09:34 PM

Thats what I thought, I already have something like that LOL.. I have 3 DVD's, one installs the Xecuter Bios, the next formats the new hard drive or restores your old one, and the last installs all software and emulators. I bought it from a web store in the UK but I have changed it all alot to make it better. It will install any software I burn to the DVD-RW I use. I got like 55 emulators and 21 homebrew games on mine tongue.gif

#4 HydroBob

HydroBob

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 April 2004 - 09:38 PM

Wrong Forum.

Glad your clear though.

#5 BAGGSIE138

BAGGSIE138

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 10:32 PM

SLAYER RULES!!!!!!!!

#6 weeman666

weeman666

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 10:45 PM

yes the band is awsome

and yes the cd does wonder's

#7 nfs924

nfs924

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 01 May 2004 - 12:09 AM

I personanly lie was123's installer, becasue you can install evox, unleashx, avalaunch, XMP, and apps, it does everyhting slayers does, jsut has more options.

Edited by nfs924, 01 May 2004 - 12:11 AM.

#8 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (nfs924 @ May 1 2004, 02:09 AM)
I personanly lie was123's installer, becasue you can install evox, unleashx, avalaunch, XMP, and apps, it does everyhting slayers does, jsut has more options.

I personally think if people learned how to install stuff the "hard way" just once there would be far less, "How do I upgrade/install this app?" questions.

#9 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 May 2004 - 12:41 AM

Exactly Rylinkus, autoinstallers tend to make people lazy and clueless about how it's supposed to be done.

In the time it takes to download an autoinstaller, you could easily learn how to do things the "hard way"

#10 weeman666

weeman666

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 10:32 AM

learning stuff the easy way is good for a newb but if ur seriouse about it you should conciter trying it the hard way a couple of times

and then there are people who bitch like you guys cuz people have an easyer way to do it then you do.

#11 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (weeman666 @ May 1 2004, 12:32 PM)

and then there are people who bitch like you guys cuz people have an easyer way to do it then you do.

How does that make any sense at all? I can't use Slayers?

The whole point is learning something so they don't screw their xbox up down the line. So they can install DVD2Xbox if they want. Or so they can swap dashes or upgrade evox without friggin things up. Or even so they can ftp which is a useful thing at times. Or back up their saved games.

#12 Pizza Pizz

Pizza Pizz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 10:46 AM

I must be a lazy noob then - lol

it's great for doing most of the work automatic on say a 120gb....

then pull it about a bit, tweak it here n there, add/update this n that
(must do yet another customised slayer with my bits on but they always bring out a few apps updates a week or so after I got it just how I like it and so my current one needs a few other bits on it)

Also if you make a pig's ear of it all or have to redo a hotswap drive it is easy n simple to do without needing any pc to ftp over bit's n pieces

I like it - cheers to Slayer/Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users