m4k0sh4rk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 01 May 2004 - 06:02 AM

'lo all

BJ ... Damn good dash (had to get that outta the way) biggrin.gif

Ok, now on to the request for some help. I am attempting to use the MXMPasswordscript in order to hide the contents of 'directories' (i.e. games I don't want my young son to play). I have scoured the forums, and any other docs that I can come across, but I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong, if this is even possible.

I would post the menu.xml, but I have gotten that part to work, it's the backside of the actual script that needs the instructions to 'list' the directory. For whenever I click on the directory that I want pw protected, it prompts me for a passwd, then upon correct entry, simply drops me back to the main screen. The script has no other action coded to perform, other than executing a xbe.

Looking at pw.xas

CODE
:PWCORRECT
SET PWTEXT "Password Correct"
Callfile %PWSCRIPTPATH%\pwscreen.xas
Delay 2
CD %PATHNAME%
EXEC "%FILENAME%"  <-- This executes an xbe, but how to dive into a directory
QUIT

Where the command EXEC "%FILENAME%" lies is where I would think something that performs the equivalent of listing the directory would need to be inserted, but I dunno the syntax.

But alas, I am a network geek, and not a coder, so I am asking for some help.

Thanks. smile.gif

#2 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 May 2004 - 09:25 AM

I tried to figure this out too with the origional creator and we resolved the only way to make this possible is to replace the inbuilt passworder in mxm with the one you are using unsure.gif

#3 m4k0sh4rk

m4k0sh4rk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 01 May 2004 - 02:13 PM

Yeah, ya see, that wasn't really the answer that I was looking for .... I was looking for a simple, "ya just do this ___" and everything works. tongue.gif

Ah well, I spose I'll use the built-in passwd and just change it a lot.

Anyhow,

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users