• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 toky

toky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:00 AM

Hey cheerio , you are pretty lame for an admin...please ask or atleast PM the starter of the post that you "LOCK" to see whats going on...

I thougt evox boot disc was free...ok...
As i understand the x-ecutor 2 lite comes w/ evox, i just dont have the supposed "boot-disc" to use to install the evox dash.

So if i was supposed to recieve a disc when my chip was delivered, please some 1 let me know.
if not, can some 1 tell me when can i find the files to make the evox-boot disc?

#2 dkoikadabra

dkoikadabra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:05 AM

Cheerio was right to lock your post the first time (if there was a first time... that's what you're implying). It's against the policy of this Forum to ask for illegal software, which includes virtually anything made for the XBox so far, as it all contains M$ code.
Yes, Cheerio, I'm sticking up for you. Blah. =-P

#3 toky

toky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:11 AM

so, you can answer questions about hardware problems about modchips (wich are illegal) for the xbox, but cant ask questions about software(to make them work) ? is that the deal???

I'm definetly not understanding this forum

and anyways, i know this is an PS2 question but, has any 1 seen an apple all-in-1 chip for the PS2? what color is it?

Edited by toky, 30 December 2002 - 09:14 AM.

#4 dkoikadabra

dkoikadabra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:15 AM

if not, can some 1 tell me when can i find the files to make the evox-boot disc

That's asking for pirated software. However, I did miss the first part of the sentence, where you asked if said disc is shipped with the X2Lite. Sorry about the misunderstanding. I don't know the answer to that question, unfortinatly.
Didn't mean to start a flame here, bucko.

#5 theagent

theagent

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:16 AM

so, you can answer questions about hardware problems about modchips (wich are illegal) for the xbox, but cant ask questions about software(to make them work) ? is that the deal???

modchips aren't illeagal

and no-they don't ship with evox.

Edited by theagent, 30 December 2002 - 09:18 AM.

#6 dkoikadabra

dkoikadabra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:17 AM

Damn, let's not get into that debate again....
It's a grey area if modchips are illegal or not.... even if they were, however, discussing problems with them wouldn't be illegal at all.

#7 theagent

theagent

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:20 AM

It's a grey area if modchips are illegal or not.... even if they were, however, discussing problems with them wouldn't be illegal at all.

nope...neither is discussing problems with evox.
however distrubting evox, linking a download and such is.
so thats why no asking for it on forums. smile.gif

#8 theagent

theagent

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:26 AM

so thats why no asking for it on forums.  

actually, thats stupid too--and its my own post! iamwithstupid.gif
you should be able to discuss and ask for what ever the hell you want to anywhere..
*free speach* jester.gif

as long as no one posts a link or distributes. right?

Edited by theagent, 30 December 2002 - 09:38 AM.

#9 dkoikadabra

dkoikadabra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:28 AM

Theoretically. However, I don't mind staying on the safe side if it guarantees this site stays up. And besides, you know that some dumbass would publicly post a link to the software, and after enough of that.... well, bye-bye Xbox-Scene.com.

#10 Keem

Keem

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:29 AM

Evox cant be illegal, its "homebrew" shit...

#11 dkoikadabra

dkoikadabra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:30 AM

Made with the illegally obtained XDK, unfortinately. If it was made with OpenXDK (which is legal), it'd be a different story.

#12 toky

toky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:30 AM

This is really gay... in the homepage of this site is advertised were to get modships (wich use the evox dash) there are constant news about diferent software for the "modded" Xbox... heck there is even a DOWNLOAD section... so what is illegal about asking were to find the files for the evox-boot-disc?
I'm not asking for copied games... grr.gif all i'm asking is for SOMEONE WHO CAN ACTUALLY ANSWER MY QUESTION TO PLEASE REPLY!!!
if i was supposed to get it w/ my mod-chip please say so.... and i'll know what to do from that point on, if not please tell me were i can find it (i never said find it for free) PM me if you don't want to post the darn url or info...

This is the main reason flames start... because the questions are not answered straight or are answered by people who don't know what they're talking about...

Edited by toky, 30 December 2002 - 09:33 AM.

#13 dkoikadabra

dkoikadabra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (theagent @ Dec 30 2002, 04:16 AM)
and no-they don't ship with evox.

There's your strait-dope answer.

#14 Keem

Keem

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (dkoikadabra @ Dec 30 2002, 09:30 AM)
Made with the illegally obtained XDK, unfortinately. If it was made with OpenXDK (which is legal), it'd be a different story.

they, should consider changng the sdk they used to make it legal, and widely availabale...

#15 dkoikadabra

dkoikadabra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:35 AM

Yeah, but as far as I know, OpenXDK doesn't have too many built-in functions right now, which makes it hard to code anything for it. I believe it doesn't support the SPU or use GPU optimized stuff yet (like HW acceleration... could be wrong).

Edited by dkoikadabra, 30 December 2002 - 09:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users