• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wes1942

wes1942

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:18 AM

smile.gif OK you guys...My request is I hope Simple.

What Disk will a Xbox work with, first of all Unmod'ed

And second, Mod'ed

I know it will work with original games...well that's certain on a unmod'ed Xbox

Iknow it will play a CD Music disk.

I know it will play original Movies.

But what else and in what format
Does it read Mpg files or Avi.

These question are very much to the fore in understanding the Xbox in range and useage

Wes

#2 dkoikadabra

dkoikadabra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:23 AM

Well, if you're talking about media, then it's dependent on what model of DVD drive got thrown into your XBox. If it's a Thomson or a Phillips, then you're going to have to experiment with alot of CD-R and CD-RW media. Just buy a bunch of 3-packs from a store from different manufacturers and try 'em all out. Or, if you have a DVD Burner (you lucky bastard), you can use DVD-Rs and expect pretty good results, (virtually) regardless of the drive in your particular XBox.
If you're talking about file formats, it's dependent on what software you use on the XBox. With an unmodded one, it'll only read Music CD-Rs and possibly DVD-R Movies. With a modded one (and the right software), you can read MP3s, MPEGs, Video CDs (or VCDs, if you prefer the abbreviation), and a whole gamut of things (check out XBox Media Player for a full list).
Hope this helps.
EDIT: Forgot to add the obvious.... you can also play backup games on a modified XBox. =-)

Edited by dkoikadabra, 30 December 2002 - 09:26 AM.

#3 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:56 AM

Xbox can also read WMV and WMA very well too. I am running MXM and have a nice WMV to start the program with. And, all the soundtracks you put onto the Xbox are in WMA format

#4 ShinSeany

ShinSeany

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 10:36 AM

Quick hijack... what kind of DVD-recordable media can the Xbox recognize? There are a ton of formats out there... DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW... do they all work? I know DVD-RAM won't because that is in a cartridge, but what about the other media that I noted?

#5 zizux

zizux

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 December 2002 - 07:12 PM

you can take a dvd-ram disk out of the cartrage. Infact i'll burn an ISO to one right now and let you know if it works

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users