• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 corey1206

corey1206

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 06:09 PM

So far my modding experience has been a complete disaster. I am just about at the point where I want to pick up my xbox and throw it right out the window. I purchased the Xenium chip w/ the solderless adaptor. I did this because it was supposed to be EASY and take only a small amount of time to install.

I found out I had a V1.0 xbox…meaning the adaptor wouldn’t work w/ out solder. I found someone that would install for me. He got the chip to “work” with the adaptor. Once I turned my xbox on at home, it went to the Xenium boot screen. It took my awhile, but I flashed it with the newest X2 BIOS. So far so good right? Nope. I went to install Slayers Evox V2.5 and everything went wrong. Now when I turn on my Xbox, it turns on, turns off, turns on, turns off, turns on and blinks red and green. I don’t know what to do know…I made sure my chip was in good…still didn’t work. The only thing that I can think of now is that when I had my xbox solder, it was not done properly; however, it did work before I loaded the BIOS. It would make sense to try another bios, but I cant get it to boot up in order for me to do this….

Any Ideas what to do?

#2 theprasc

theprasc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 06:23 PM

did you remove the chip and tried booting it then? When it boots, you know the chip install wasnt good. Maybe the chip shifted and lost contact. Or worse it was a clone.

It seems to me that the chip is telling the Xbox to boot from the LPC but then it is unable to do so. Since it booted, and you havent messed with any hardware, it should boot when you remove the chip. Maybe it will give you anerror code then.

If you got more details, post em here. Right now, I cannot really discern what the problem might be.

-prasc

#3 Devastate

Devastate

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 06:24 PM

Are you using the big eject button to turn your box on? are you getting the xenium splash screen?

#4 corey1206

corey1206

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 06:32 PM

I doubt the chip is a clone because I ordered from divineo. I just tried removing the chip and placing it back in. It booted as if there was no mod chip in. Didnt even recongize it. Good to know that my xbox isnt messed up; however, the chip still isnt working.

*** Before I did this, No I wasnt able to get to the splash screen.

#5 theprasc

theprasc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 06:51 PM

ahh,

thats good news, its simply a bad install.

did the guy who installed the chip use the solderless adapter?? If he did, I hope he removed the solder in the filled LPC holes, otherwise the chip might not get the correct contact.

Furthermore, it sounds to me that the D0 wasn't connected correctly. Basically, what the chip does is grounding D0. Grounding D0 tells the XBox to boot from the LPC. Therefore you can use a D0 check, to see whether your D0 connection is good. simply ground the other end of the wire that you soldered/stuck into the D0 point and boot the XBox. If it doesnt frag or boot the chip, than your D0 connection isnt good.

-prasc

#6 corey1206

corey1206

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 08:31 PM

Yup the guy that did it for me used the solderless adaptor. This is what he told me...

"I don't have my good soldering iron with my here at school. The one I have can't get hot enough to remove all the solder; however, I was able to make the chip work"

Sounds like he did a have ass job. This kid is pretty good at what he does tho. He runs a small business out of his college dorm room modding and such... he goes to a fairly good tech school too. Maybe he just messed up on mine. I am going to check the D0 and see what I can do. Thanks for the help. I will make another post with how it goes.

#7 corey1206

corey1206

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 09:03 PM

Well I opened up my xbox and took other the adaptor. It ended up that he only did some of the LPC points, and not all that the adaptor required. I guess thats why it booted up fine, but I had trouble after I flashed the BIOS. Does this make sense...that it would boot up and everything even if the adaptor isnt connected comletely?

#8 pimpmaul69

pimpmaul69

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:05 PM

coulda been touching lucky but got moved and wouldnt work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users