9 replies to this topic

#1 artmoe

artmoe

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 08:55 PM

I installed the Exec 2.3b + and new HD. I realized that the switch on the chip was set to the wrong version. I set it to the correct version and I was able to get the chip to work and I installed the new HD with no problem. I now however cannot boot up into the MS dashboard with the chip disabled. It always goes to a screen that has different languages and in English it says the box needs service. Did I screw up the onboard TSOP MS dashboard by having the chip on the wrong setting?

#2 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 May 2004 - 09:05 PM

Not at all - sounds like you just haven't locked your new HDD to the motherboard.

What's the error code you get in the top corner?

Martin

#3 nfs924

nfs924

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:21 PM

is your harddrive locked? what is the error number?

#4 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 08:41 AM

I think there's an echo in this topic.... wink.gif

#5 919

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 11:58 AM

Use configMagic and lock the hdd. That is most likely your prob.

#6 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 12:08 PM

Until he comes back with an error number, then it's not certain to be a lock error.
(although it's the most possible scenario).

Martin

#7 artmoe

artmoe

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:40 PM

Actually I know the screen you're talking about with the error codes, it's not that screen. The screen I'm talking about says on the top, "Service required. Call Customer Support". It also says the same thing in 8 other languages. When I use ConfigMagic to lock HD, it says "HD locking not supported". That's odd, cuz it's a Maxtor 160 gig HD. Don't all Maxtors support locking?? So it seems this is the problem.

#8 artmoe

artmoe

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:11 PM

I found my own answer about my drive not being lockable. My model#Maxtor fG160J8, is not lockable according to the list of drives I found from links on this forum. Thanks for the info.

#9 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (artmoe @ May 3 2004, 04:40 PM)
Actually I know the screen you're talking about with the error codes, it's not that screen. The screen I'm talking about says on the top, "Service required. Call Customer Support". It also says the same thing in 8 other languages. When I use ConfigMagic to lock HD, it says "HD locking not supported". That's odd, cuz it's a Maxtor 160 gig HD. Don't all Maxtors support locking?? So it seems this is the problem.

That's exactly the error screen I was talking about. If you look in the top corner, I bet you see '05'.

At least you found the answer yourself. Not having any drives in my possesion which cannot be locked, I can't even start to look into this. I find it hard to believe that one particular model of Maxtor 160GB doesn't support the ATA security feature whereas another 160GB Maxtor does. Maybe there's a way to activate it first on a PC. Who knows? Unless I have one I cannot say.

Martin

#10 artmoe

artmoe

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:52 PM

Well I got new another drive and was able to lock it. When I disable the Executer 2.3+ chip I was still getting the MS dashboard error, "Service required", but after doing a little reading I found out that if I didn't adjust the time it might do that. After I set the time I rebooted with chip disabled and the dashboard came up ok. Now my last question is if I do subscribe to Xbox LIve, and I disable the chip, am I "really" in stealth mode and will they be able to find out I have a modded box?

Edited by artmoe, 03 May 2004 - 09:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users