• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 carlsb3rg

carlsb3rg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 09:39 PM

I'm trying to remove an enigmah chip so I can install a xbits chip and am having all sorts of problems.

I tried just cutting all the wires to the enigmah first but when I put the xbits on it complained about needing service and nothing worked (never saw the xecutor message or anything).

I thought maybe the wires were shorting or something so I took out the mainboard and cut the wires way down to the solder but now when I turn on my box, it reboots twice and flashes red(orange?)/green on me.

Another detail is that the eject button doesn't eject the drawer (worked once, don't know why).

Any suggestions on a solution would be appreciated biggrin.gif

#2 Lugnut

Lugnut

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 12:05 AM

could the mobo possibly have had a jumper fixing the d0 trace? and you cut it thinking it was part of the mod when it was actually a repair?

#3 carlsb3rg

carlsb3rg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 04:26 AM

Didn't quite get what you meant there, m8 wink.gif

#4 Lugnut

Lugnut

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 04:34 AM

oh i missed the red / orange flashng.
that has nothing to do with d0 then, It could be a number of things, a short somewhere a broken connection, i had a board that flashed red and orange it turned out to be one of the traces going to the mcpx chip was toast it must of had a 29 wire before and the person that removed all the wires ended up breaking one of the traces.

#5 carlsb3rg

carlsb3rg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 05:10 AM

Should I try removing all the solder even though I was pretty thorough in cutting the wires all the way to the card? Could it be that the enigmah has flashed the tsop?

#6 carlsb3rg

carlsb3rg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 05:32 AM

I guess my main question is if the wires soldered onto the mainboard are the only things that disturb the box. Or is there some jumper that needs mending or a bios that needs fixing...

If not then there's something else inexplicably wrong... mad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users