#1 RedDragon

RedDragon

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 May 2004 - 01:53 AM

I haveing a problem with the xbox. I installed the chip flashed fine with 4983.06 put the good stuff on there locked the drive evey thing worked fine. turned off the chip and then go error 16 so did a little looking oh here and see it had something to do with the time seting. so I put the old hdd back in and set the time and then with out unpluging the xbox I put the new hdd and turn on the xbox with the chip off and I get error 13. and can't see to get anything else. it work's fine with the chip on.. the xbox is a v1.4 or 1.5 not sure.

#2 syntrikz

syntrikz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:22 AM

this might be due to the hard drive lock put in place by MS. get configmagic (from the usual places) and try and lock your new hard drive, shut it off, and turn the chip off and see if that works. remember that with anything you do, you may screw up your xbox. this is one of them.

#3 muggs

muggs

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:36 AM

Have you installed a dash on the new HDD yet? If not that is your problem since you have no dash it is giving you an error 13 (dash error).

muggs

#4 RedDragon

RedDragon

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:28 AM

Yep got the dash on there and I used configmagic to lock it. and still same damn problem

#5 summiter1

summiter1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 04:27 AM

Two things to check - make sure you have the ms dash installed properly (with font files, etc), and also make sure that the ms dash you've installed is compatible with the ms bios you're unning. I don't remember the exact versions, but after a certain ms bios rev it won't allow booting of older rev ms dashboards. I know that the version of the ms dash on the slayer 2.5 cd won't run on my 1.4 box which has a new ms bios (box was manufactured last month). Luckily I took a full backup of the ms dash that was on their before I added a new drive.

#6 RedDragon

RedDragon

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:01 AM

Yeah I messed up and formated the one that come with the xbox lol but I found one that had a new ver. of the ms dash and it work's some what. lol for somereson know I don't get the error 13 anymore but the chip dont' want to turn off lol one time it willl load the ms dash and the next 2 time's it load the evox lol. so I don't knwo what the hell is worng. maybe be the chip. who know. jester.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users