• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy76

dannyboy76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 12:10 PM

I have flashed EvoX m7 to my new xenium chip, but when trying to install the dash (I'm using build 3935), I cannot get the dash disc to read. I am taking the default.xbe and evox.ini files, together with a 100mB dummy file, making a remoteX.iso out of them with craxtion and burning all of this to a cdrw, just like i used to flash my bios, but my xbox refuses to read the disc. When I go into m7, it looks just like the reg m$ dash, and, just like the m$ dash, it wont read my disc! I've even tried the firefawkers install 0.90, but same thing. I've actually tried about 30 different configurations of files and burning methods... has anybody else encountered similar problems? Better still, has anybody else SOLVED similar problems?

#2 Xtrem

Xtrem

The Next Level

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 May 2004 - 12:22 PM

Just Try Another Media Type Check My Sig For A Good One.

#3 dannyboy76

dannyboy76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 01:12 PM

Try another media type? I used Memorex CDRW's to flash my bios, which my X-box read just fine...

#4 Xtrem

Xtrem

The Next Level

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 May 2004 - 01:18 PM

That Can Happen Sometimes, Sorry To Tell You That.

#5 dannyboy76

dannyboy76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 01:21 PM

Allright fine :-P I'll go buy some sony cdrw's. Thanks for the tip, stay tuned...

#6 CivicGuy03

CivicGuy03

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Modding Xboxes like crazy, playing electric guitar, basketball, football, girls, poker, Hondas. :D
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 May 2004 - 09:07 PM

I used Memorex CDRWs, perfectly. I had the same problem. The first time I got it working was the first time I got mad and made a xISO of the EvoX folder, WITHOUT any dummy file at all. So try using xISO and making an xISO with your EvoX 3935 folder (after you extract it from .rar or whatever) and "burn CD from CD image" (just your .iso file). btw, what CD burning program are you using? I used Aptec Easy CD Creator 4 or something like that.

#7 dannyboy76

dannyboy76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 03:03 AM

Well, after a wasted afternoon searching far and wide for Sony CDRW's, with no success, I happily came home and wasted the evening trying many different configurations of burning this damn ISO. I have made ISO's with and with out dummy files, of sizes varying from 100-300MB. I have used diff burning programs (Nero, RecordNow and even the windows XP cd writer, not to mention a few I can't even remember), diff iso creation utils (craxtion, xISO, UltraISO) I have used diff versions of the Evox dash, and even tried both slayer's and firefawkers install disc (both of which claim to be foolproof, guess they haven't met me yet), I've rebooted and reburned so many times, I've started to dream about it. I find myself wanting to restart my car while I'm driving, purely out of habit... I've tried Memorex cdrw's, dvd+rw's and Fuji dvd+r's. It was the Memorex cdrw that allowed me to flash my bios originally, but I simply can not get this dash disk to load... While the Xenium load screen is quite fetching, it is not why I modded my Xbox, or why I bought a DVD burner and a new HD. I'm going to pick up some Sony CDRW's on my way home from work tomorrow and try that, but does anybody have any other suggestions? I'm starting to wonder if it's something with my burner, although I've used both my CD burner and my DVD burner throughout this process... The DVD burner is a brand new HP dvd420i, but the CD burner is an old Creative Labs dinosaur, which is the one, ironically, that produced the working bios disc. Anybody out there wanna make a couple bucks and burn up a working disc for me? Yes, I _am_ getting that desperate! I have a Thomson drive in my X-box, btw, in case you wondered. As you can probably tell, I don't have anybody around here to vent at, that would even come close to understanding, so if you actually read this far, thank you, and I hope your evening was better than mine. :-)

#8 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 04 May 2004 - 03:17 AM

Are you cold booting the xbox with the cdrw already in...you probably did, I am just lending you some help

#9 dannyboy76

dannyboy76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 03:22 AM

Yeah, and thanks for the tip, troubleshooting is a long and tedious process, I DO appreciate it. Sometimes fixing a technical problem can be as easy as plugging the 'broken' unit in (and YES, i did check that :-P ) My process for testing all of these burn attempts is to start up the xbox, enter evox m7, THEN pop the disc in and get the error message that my xbox cant recognize the disk. Then after that fails, I shut down and restart with the disc still in. Same error message. Very very very frustrating. One quick question, should it still say MS at the bottom of the screen during the boot up of m7? An older bios I used (I don't remember the name) had the M$ name replaced with the name of the bios... how can you tell if the bios is there? My xenium menu recognized it as m7, is that the only way to tell? And why why why cant I make a simple dash disc???????

#10 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 04 May 2004 - 03:36 AM

I am guessing that you do not have a dvd burner?...well, m7 is there if your chip is recognizing it...btw, are you finalizing the disc whenever you burn it (you can still erase it later).

#11 dannyboy76

dannyboy76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 03:39 AM

The only program I was using with a finalize option (as far as I could tell) was nero, and yes, I was checking it. I even used the auto-burn app included on the firefawkers disc... And yes, I do have a DVD burner, an HP dvd420i

#12 dannyboy76

dannyboy76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:04 PM

Is it wrong to hate, truly hate a machine? Please help me fall in love with my X-Box all over again... I tried using Sony CDRW's and still no go. I don't understand what the problem is, the process looks SO simple! ANY suggestions at this point would be immensely appreciated...

#13 dannyboy76

dannyboy76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 09:24 PM

Ok, I've been doing a LOT of reading and now I need some advice. I have a version 1.0, and the holes in the lpc are filled in. Some of the forums I've been reading say that these should be de-soldered, and some say no. Some say to scrape away the solder and others say to do it properly. I have a Xenium with the solderless adapter. The chip works fine installed with the pins on the solder, but I've seen a couple of places say that this can cause disc read problems. Should I de-solder the lpc or not? X-Box scene has come to be the only place I really trust, what do you guys think?

#14 antiflag1980

antiflag1980

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 May 2004 - 09:46 PM

Don't worry about that, if the bios is booting then your chip is installed correctly. All I can say is that it must be something to do with how you're burning the cd's. Your best bet is to just take the iso you have of slayers evox auto installer and just use nero express, disc image or saved project, select image files (*.nrg, *.iso, *.cue), select the slayers xiso, burn it at 4x(yes that sucks I know) and there shouldn't be any problems booting. I know it sounds stupid but it's really easy to burn a cd the wrong way for xbox, starting over and making it simple is really all you can do. When you flashed your bios with the xenium, all it required was that you burn any type of cd with the bios on it, for M7 bios/msdah to boot your cd it has to be the fatx filesystem as you know and since your xbox definitely read your media, this is the only logical difference between it reading the media then and not now.

#15 dannyboy76

dannyboy76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 12:32 AM

Still.... no :-( Does anybody feel like mailing me a disc? I have paypal, so I could cover your costs...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users