13 replies to this topic

#1 tramahound

tramahound

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:12 AM

I loaded up kawa-x along with a couple of known-to-work Neo Geo roms on my F drive. rebooted the xbox, launched kawa-x and no games show up. i tried loading another to see if it was maybe just the roms but got the same dead-end results. I hit X to refresh over and over again but got nothing. I double-checked my rom path and it all checks out. I hit the right trigger button and it shows as being in a Neo Geo mode or something and still nothing. what am I doing wrong?
Thanks

#2 Prican24

Prican24

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 May 2004 - 01:16 AM

you can't rename the rompath.ini, it must say D:\Roms\ and your roms (this includes neogeo.zip) must be in kawa's rom folder

EG: F:\kawa-x\roms

#3 hiddentruth

hiddentruth

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (Prican24 @ May 4 2004, 03:16 AM)
you can't rename the rompath.ini, it must say D:\Roms\ and your roms (this includes neogeo.zip) must be in kawa's rom folder

EG: F:\kawa-x\roms

I tried your suggestion and it is still not working, my rompath file says d:\roms and kawax is in f:\emulators\kawax on my xbox and none of the roms are showing up! But I also have the same problem with fbax and also my mamex and mameox actually list the games but when I try to load them it says that filies are missing that are actually in the zip folders and I haven't found anyone that can help me with that yet!

Edited by hiddentruth, 04 May 2004 - 08:58 AM.

#4 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 May 2004 - 10:58 AM

Like Prican24 said, do you have the neogeo bios included?

#5 tramahound

tramahound

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 11:01 AM

isn't the D drive the dvd-rom drive? I need them on a cd-r then?

#6 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 May 2004 - 11:36 AM

No the roms go into \kawax\roms\
kawax has a bug that makes it impossible to change the rompath, and it confuses people because of the d:\roms\

1 - get neogeo.zip (is bios) (the correct one)
2 - dump roms into \kawax\roms\
3 - dump bios in same dir
4 - dont touch the rompath.ini
5 - refresh
6 - play

#7 tramahound

tramahound

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:07 PM

Let me guess, this was all covered in kawa's readme file? wink.gif
thanks for the run-down

#8 balboni

balboni

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 04 May 2004 - 07:07 PM

I'm having the exact same problem but I was thinking it was because I had the wrong version of the roms, since I remember there being the version that worked with NeoRageX and the one that worked with Mame... I have all the neorage versions. I also renamed the files within the neogeo.zip file to be what it said in the faq about it and still the list is empty.

I'll try changing the rompath.ini file back when I get home though.

#9 Prican24

Prican24

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 08:11 PM

get romcenter and use the dat that comes with kawa-x to check your roms. some nrx roms work in kawaks while others don't

#10 hiddentruth

hiddentruth

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (VampX @ May 4 2004, 12:58 PM)
Like Prican24 said, do you have the neogeo bios included?

I read the file that was included with kawa-x that tells you how to rename the files correctly for it within the zip file, I did that and it never did solve my problem and neogeo.zip is in the folder with the roms and it had no affect at all.

#11 Prican24

Prican24

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:40 PM

ok, few more questions:

what bios you using? i suggest using the latest x2 bios (4983)

is your clock set in msdash? this seems to be an odd problem for some ppl

did you try deleting the save file of kawa-x? this sometimes solves the problem especially if the save got corrupt

#12 hiddentruth

hiddentruth

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Prican24 @ May 4 2004, 11:40 PM)
ok, few more questions:

what bios you using? i suggest using the latest x2 bios (4983)

is your clock set in msdash? this seems to be an odd problem for some ppl

did you try deleting the save file of kawa-x? this sometimes solves the problem especially if the save got corrupt

my version of evox is kinda old, I think from jan or late 2003, but everything else is fine, the clock is set, deleted the save file, the neogeo.zip is inthe folder with the roms and the rompath is still d:\roms, maybe updating the bios will help! I'll try that and see what happens.

....................................................................... welp, new bios, same old problem! still didn't fix my problem.

Edited by hiddentruth, 04 May 2004 - 11:29 PM.

#13 Prican24

Prican24

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 03:57 AM

another odd ball thing you might wanna try (worked for 2 i helped on aim) try it in different directory EG: if its in F:, try it in E: and see if it works.

this worked for 2 ppl i met that couldn't play certain roms for some odd reason in E: directory but worked in F:

Edited by Prican24, 05 May 2004 - 03:58 AM.

#14 hiddentruth

hiddentruth

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Prican24 @ May 5 2004, 05:57 AM)
another odd ball thing you might wanna try (worked for 2 i helped on aim) try it in different directory EG: if its in F:, try it in E: and see if it works.

this worked for 2 ppl i met that couldn't play certain roms for some odd reason in E: directory but worked in F:

Hhhh, thanks for your help man but I have tried just about everything, I have changed the folder it was in, updated my bios, found the neogeo.zip bios offline, update my own, tried a couple of different roms that the txt file said it supported, did change the rompath, changed the rompath back, I can't think of anything else, im about to just put kawa-x, mamex, mameox, and final alpha burner whatever beta in the same folder and just electronically blow them up flamethrower.gif!!!!! Thanks for your help though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users