2 replies to this topic

#1 Xkookooman

Xkookooman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:22 AM

I just installed my chip and now im exploring my xbox. I tried to install my games and apps into F:, but the ftp software said that it is not accessible so i put it into E:. I still have the retail HD, so is that why. I the F: only available to people with bigger harddrives? Also, why is there only 4 gigs in E:, XYZ:2.1 gigs, and c has like 1 gig i tihnk. WHeres the rest..

#2 droobie

droobie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (Xkookooman @ May 5 2004, 08:22 AM)
I just installed my chip and now im exploring my xbox. I tried to install my games and apps into F:, but the ftp software said that it is not accessible so i put it into E:. I still have the retail HD, so is that why. I the F: only available to people with bigger harddrives? Also, why is there only 4 gigs in E:, XYZ:2.1 gigs, and c has like 1 gig i tihnk. WHeres the rest..

F Drive is only for people that replace the hard drive, so you'll have to install to E or trade your drive out for a bigger one to get an F drive.

As for your totals not adding up: I don't have an Xbox in front of me until tomorrow but the numbers I had did add up properly if memory serves. I think C E and X were the only letters that had anything in them.

I'm not sure how recent your Xbox is, but perhaps it has an 8GB drive? Those numbers would add up properly then depending on the interpretation of what 1GB really amounts to.

--D

#3 bcforn64

bcforn64

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:59 AM

All drives are partioned to 8 gigs regradless if you have a retail 8 or 10 gig come with the unit. On the 10 gig drives, unlocking the extra 2 gigs will give you an F drive. You have to format it first though. Look around the site, there's tutorials out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users