• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 emery

emery

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:22 PM

Hi. My Xbox quit turning on a while ago, so I suspected a fuse. But yesterday I hit the power button, and it came on. It worked for about a day, and I could turn it off and on, no problem. But after shutting it off at the end of the day, I can't get it to turn on again. No lights, fan or anything.

So before replacing the fuse, just wanted to confirm: could a bad fuse cause it to turn on sometimes, and sometimes not, or should I look for some other problem?

Thanks!

-Emery

#2 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:28 PM

I would take out the power supply, look underneath for any burn marks that could be halting the connection sometimes...

#3 emery

emery

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:38 PM

Burn marks, eh? Should I be worried about what is causing these burn marks? Can burn marks themselves short out a power supply? Anything else I should look for, in case this isn't it?

thanks.

-Emery

#4 wing456

wing456

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:53 PM

I had somewhat of the same problem with it shutting off unexpectedly. So I removed the power supply and had a look at the bottom and noticed that I had a few cold solder connections there. I resoldered the power connector on the back, and a few other components on the board and it never happened again. You might want to have a look at it first before you go out and buy a new one or replace the fuse.

#5 emery

emery

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 08:08 PM

Okay, thanks a lot for the info, will try that.

-Emery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users