• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Team P

Team P

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:13 PM

Early today I was doing a hard drive swap and with the top of the xbox off, the box made a short tumble. Short for me, a distance for my treasure! During the fall it was booting evox off the disk so I could format the drive, after the fall it loaded evox just fine, but now all I get is errors... telling me to call microsft. Here is the list of errors I recieve.

I have swapped out both hard drive and dvd-rom.. just in case maybe either got damaged. I remade a copy of the evox disk... just in case. But I still recieve the errors.

So, Is my xbox broke forever? Can it be fixed? Do you want to buy a xbox.. works great!

#2 aichdee

aichdee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:24 PM

im sure it is fixable it probably has something to do with the hard drive would be my guess

error 6 is Cannot Unlock Hard Drive.

error 7 is This is a hard drive error. Your hard drive has died

error 11 No DVD Found

error 13 Dashboard launch fail (due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running) and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed

error 14 Error loading dashboard (dashboard generic error)

#3 Team P

Team P

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:29 PM

Yeah, that's what I figured to.. except I put my old hard drive back into it and same thing.

#4 aichdee

aichdee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:32 PM

Which error do u get when u have all of the original stuff for the xbox in it (The original hard drive, Dvd Drive)

#5 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:34 PM

check your ide cables to make sure they're all tight in there, that's a possible problem, also is it chipped? solderless chipped if it is? what bios?

#6 InfernO8

InfernO8

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:37 PM

If its a solderless chip I am sure that could be one of the problems...solderless chips have a reputation of not being so stable when it comes to an xbox being moved...

#7 Team P

Team P

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:39 PM

By old hard drive I meant my 80 giger.. I upgraded to a 120 gig. Come to think of it, where is my original hdd.. hmm.

BUT, the 80gig i get 14 and the 120 13.. with and without the evox disk in.

#8 Team P

Team P

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:41 PM

yeah its soderless.. a X-ecuter 2.3B Lite Plus with evox 4981.06

Also, I did look at the chip, it all lights up and seems just fine.

Edited by Team P, 05 May 2004 - 11:42 PM.

#9 aichdee

aichdee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:43 PM

are u sure that the chip is aligned? if it fell and it is solderless it is veryyy possible the d0 point is not aligned correctly, also have u tried to disable the mod with the 80 gig HD in?

#10 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (aichdee @ May 5 2004, 07:43 PM)
are u sure that the chip is aligned? if it fell and it is solderless it is veryyy possible the d0 point is not aligned correctly, also have u tried to disable the mod with the 80 gig HD in?

i'd be 99% positive it's misaligned at the moment, or else the 14's could be that the power was off, and such, but are you erroring out with the msbios or a hacked one?

#11 Team P

Team P

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:47 PM

Yeah, It must have been the chip.. I took it out completely and put it back in. She fired up just find after that.

I would like to thank everyone that replied so quickly. Thank You!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users