#1 dfect

dfect

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 06 May 2004 - 12:53 PM

This 1.4 PAL XBox have been running for a while now, since januari i think.

Then suddenly it start to reboot everytime 'Xecuter' text shows in the boot screen.., so Evox dash wont load..

Tried to boot from DVD, same issue..

Then i removed the modchip and replaced it with another, same issue..

Removed the chip completely.. MS Dash will load, but wont boot/load any orginal game..?!, after 'MS' text shows, it hangs..

Tested different retail dvd-drives and different orginal games, same issue..

Tested even with a burned disc, then it says 'Cant recognize..' so its no problem with the connection with the DVD-drive..

Can this be a hardware problem?

Im not new in this business.. modded bout 100xboxes, never seen this kinda issue bfore.

Just like it wont execute any code.. except for MS Dash..

Edited by dfect, 06 May 2004 - 01:07 PM.

#2 Exobex

Exobex

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 May 2004 - 02:54 PM

Try this topic:-
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=210504

I managed to fix a reboot loop by booting an older EvolutionX disc (1.8.3752) and buggering around with the video mode using Enigmah Videomode Switchdisc. I only tried that because ConfigMagic reckoned the video mode was "Unknown".

Tried a few other odds and ends as well (deleting EvolutionX save, updating M$ Dash), but ultimately got the thing working after switching video mode (switch out of your own mode, reboot, switch back again, reboot).

#3 venturahighway

venturahighway

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (dfect @ May 6 2004, 02:53 PM)
Tested even with a burned disc, then it says 'Cant recognize..' so its no problem with the connection with the DVD-drive..

did you at least try different cables?

#4 dfect

dfect

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 04:37 PM

Ok, finally found the probl.

Seems the eeprom is corrupted or something.., coz the 120gb drive in the "bad xbox" was locked.., so i decided to desolder it and move it to my other xbox.

After installing it.. booted up.. SAME PROBLEM!

Also, during to the other thread Xobex replyed with say xbox just freezed while watching moive.. same happened to this one.. the guy said it freezed while playing game.

The problem is.. i know theres ppl in this forum selling these eeprom's.. but.. the hdd is locked to this one.. that is bad.. hehe, im in a quite refrustuation situation.

I know theres progs for changing s/n and stuff in eeproms.. and i got a progger that can do serial eeproms, so could be possible to read the chip and load the bin into one of these progs and read the s/n..

Only thing i need is what this chip is.., size and model... 24cxx?

also... the hdd is locked to the s/n that can be found in the eeprom, right?

@Exobex , cant even load ConfigMagic, how did u do that?

@Venturahighway , tried both standard and rgb cable.., but when u metion it.. i think one color was not retrieved while doing the rgb.. like only Green and Blue.. when doing the standard video cable its as usual.. all colors..

EDIT: oh, thought u ment the video cable.., no havnt tried to change the IDE, but since it loads ok from hdd (boot into MS Dash..) i assumed its ok..

Edited by dfect, 06 May 2004 - 04:39 PM.

#5 dfect

dfect

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 04:55 PM

Reading at the eeprom, its hard to read, but i think it says.. 24WC023 ?

Is that some custom chip?, standard should be 24C16 , 24C32..

#6 dfect

dfect

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 05:38 PM

Ok, found it, should be 24c02.. correct me if im wrong.

#7 dfect

dfect

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 06:54 PM

Fixed it, read the eeprom via progger converted to bin and used LiveInfo Beta to change Videomode (obviosly it didnt have any videomode), when i looked in EepMod it said 000000 on videomode..

After change i flashed it back to the eeprom, installed it into the machine and putted the locked hdd back into the box.. hit the power and prayed to god.. and it worked.. smile.gif

That was my last hdd i locked.

#8 verny

verny

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 06 May 2004 - 07:45 PM

what do i change video mode to? if its those zero's do i put in numbers or letters i have no clue im gonna try soon.. or just easier..what do i put in and how did u use progger?

#9 dfect

dfect

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 07:59 PM

If u got the same problem as me, u cannot switch or do anything to the eeprom in the drive, coz u cannot execute any program (or game).., am i right?

If so, the only way for u is.. u must desolder the eeprom (its right over the TSOP) and connect it to a progger, read it, change the code, then prog the eeprom with the new code and then resolder it to ur xbox..

If u aint got a progger.. the easiest way for u is to buy a new progged eeprom.. i belive theres ppl selling em for $10 on this board.

Or if u have a big hdd locked to it.. if u buy a new eeprom.. u cant use ur old hdd.. coz its locked to ur old eeprom.. in that case u must do it same way as me.. i could fix that but im in swe, europe.

#10 verny

verny

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:10 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad.gif well atleast i know how... im still gonna try puting in a modchip like the xenium ozxodus because it also has a built in eeprom modifier hopefully that could also do something..would that work?

#11 dfect

dfect

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:17 PM

Ah, i c.. yeah, might be worth a try.. didnt think of that one.. now that u say it.. it has some videomode switcher (XOS1.1), yeah think that might work... please tell us how it went.

I've also heard the newer Xecuter bios have some function to boot xbox without eeprom.., but im not sure.. might be worth checking out..

U still have to correct ur epprom.. if u want u want access to ur harddrive (if its locked)

Edited by dfect, 06 May 2004 - 08:19 PM.

#12 verny

verny

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:27 PM

my larger 80gb works in my other modded xbox, its not locked, but wont start on the (bad) xbox. i have the modchip in my hands as i speak now i just needs a soldering iron :-/ radioshack here i come i heard they have great 15/30watt irons that work great with xbox's ..and im also worried how to install it though. I got the pogo pins for it i just dont know if mine is the 1.4 or the 1.5 because i dont have a multimeter to check groundi guess im gonna try to use it w/o the grounding option b4 i can tell if mines a 1.5

#13 dfect

dfect

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 09:19 PM

Wouldnt be to suprized if it is a 1.4, the 1.5 models are very hard to get what i've heard (atleast in my area). Only seen 3 or 4 outta 100boxes..

Edited by dfect, 06 May 2004 - 09:20 PM.

#14 verny

verny

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 09:23 PM

with my luck, i probably have one of the only few out there :-x i already know 3 people with a 1.6 xbox in my area..one got one from gamestop, best buy and fry's electronics....this is crzy cuz if they already got 1.6...wonder how many they have out now

#15 verny

verny

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 09:58 PM

OMFG@!@@@@!#$#@!#@!%$%#$ I JUST FIXED IT laugh.gif ohmy.gif laugh.gif cool.gif jester.gif HAHA..ok this is what i did, i downloaded evox 1.8.3752 the iso..and then burned it to a cdrw...ok put in cdrw into xbox...i heard it spin..then wait..wAIT!!! i heard it read it again then WAMMO it loaded the dash on the cd and also! read the upgraded hdd..now because i already had programs on the xbox i just loaded it to enigmah videomode changer changed it to pal, then rebooted it with the cdrw still in it, then i loaded it again, then i changed it to ntsc and walla!...take cd out and reboot and a nice clean dash pops up laugh.gif im so happy ohmy.gif well for you dfect you could change it to ntsc cuz your xbox was originaly pal i believe right? well change it to ntsc reboot change it to pal again and reboot hopefuly it'll work YES!!!! haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users