Photo

Me? A Mod?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Should I be Made Mod?

Should I be Made Mod?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 KazuyaWaruasobi

KazuyaWaruasobi

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 December 2002 - 06:45 AM

Cross-posted:
"I've mentioned that I'd like to be mod before, but I suppose I'm not fit(meaning I'm not a pre-pubescent gimp?). I have, in fact, been slammed in the past for trying to do a Mod's job when he was completely neglecting his duties. I am, for one last time, going to start a poll. If anybody thinks this board needs a mod replaced, and thinks that I could be a good mod, vote for me. If not, that's fine, just no flaming."

Thanks, and remember. I wouldn't be childish and "lock-happy". . . .

#2 plehem12

plehem12

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 31 December 2002 - 06:56 AM

no offense to you at all, but i voted no. your a great guy on the forums and everything, but i think this place has enough mods and more than enough polls with people asking to be mods. as long as you stay a great member here on the forums, im happy! beerchug.gif

#3 KazuyaWaruasobi

KazuyaWaruasobi

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 07:14 AM

I appreciate that, but lots of people have been mentioning how they're getting fed up with a few of the current mods. I just thought I'd reiterate the fact that there ARE replacements available. wink.gif

#4 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 December 2002 - 07:17 AM

Well, since you made two topics asking this same question, I voted NO grr.gif

#5 Ace25

Ace25

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts
  • Interests:Modding anything I can...
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 December 2002 - 07:20 AM

Hahahaha.. well if he was a mod then he could have fixed that by deleting the screw up.. tongue.gif But in all honesty I say no.. no more mods.. Just Syrus, Xant, Satan, Noobvin, Opjose are enough for me and I know there are more than that plus cheerio.

#6 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 07:20 AM

Thou where art opjose?

#7 jujupinto85

jujupinto85

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 07:29 AM

i dont mind KazuyaWaruasobi being a mod, he is young but hell so am i, lol

he seems pretty trustworthy and doesnt seem biased so im sure he'll be generous with everything, cept maybe for flamming (which is good i think)

#8 KazuyaWaruasobi

KazuyaWaruasobi

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 08:39 AM

Thank you. . .and you're pretty much right. My only big thing is indeed flaming. . .which is RAMPANT. . .and Shanafan. . .you know that the other one was a screw-up that I asked to be deleted. I PMd a few mods to take care of it, but it looks like none of the General Chat mods are on. . . dry.gif

I'm not trying to be an ass. . .but a lot of you guys complain about certain things that either aren't being taken care of, or aren't be handled to your liking. I know there are a number of mods, but judging by everybody's criticism, they're not doing a very good job. Just because a few of them may not be doing a decent job doesn't mean that you should shoot down somebody that WOULD do their job. I'm not asking to me made mod for a boost to my ego, I'm asking so that I can help satiate your wants and just help this damned forum stay alive. You complain about the way things are being done, and I'm trying to help, but you don't want me to. Why complain if you don't want somebody to help. . .?

Edited by KazuyaWaruasobi, 31 December 2002 - 08:47 AM.

#9 CaliSurfer008

CaliSurfer008

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Interests:Brahm is a whore

Posted 31 December 2002 - 08:48 AM

Amen...Preech On Brotha! laugh.gif

#10 kkattfish

kkattfish

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 December 2002 - 08:53 AM

i voted yes beerchug.gif you would make a good mod, but first we need to take out some of the garbage (**/me clears throat**) i mean mods we have here already.
b.t.w. you good mods know who you are!!! kkattfish is out__--__**() beerchug.gif

#11 Ace25

Ace25

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts
  • Interests:Modding anything I can...
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 December 2002 - 08:57 AM

Verrrrry simple solution IMO, give N00bvin Ops privs in the General forum... we all trust his judgement, no new mods.. walla.. problem solved.. See any problems with that? I know.. not my decision to make anyway.. just a thought..

#12 kkattfish

kkattfish

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 08:59 AM

N00bvin's great, but you can't expect him to be on 24-7 and watch the forums, he needs help, after all he's not getting paid. beerchug.gif

#13 KazuyaWaruasobi

KazuyaWaruasobi

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 09:02 AM

Yeah. . .and I'm on late at night all the time.

walla.. problem solved

Umm. . .don't you mean Voila? lol laugh.gif

You know. . .people keep saying this forum/scene is on it's last legs and there's no hope, but shit. We need to innovate. We've been losing a pretty large number of people. Look at HSDEMONZ. I wasn't incredibly fond of him, but he had proven his worth, and he just bailed. And where the hell is Objose for that matter!? Few people seemed to notice HSDEMONZ's farewell, but it's that kind of stuff that gnaws away at the scene. I took a look at Xbox Hacker the other day. I never go there because I'm used to us getting their trash (No, I didn't say GTac01. . . .oops wink.gif ). Anyway. . .I have to admit that I saw a number of posts where there was actually innovation. Everybody's content with everything now. We have damned fine modchips, we have great dashboards, incredible media playes, ever-evolving emulators, what else do we need? We need to not be stagnant. We have a number of skilled people in our ranks. Look at BenJeremy! He's very skilled, and he's mentioned a number of times that a group of his friends may start developing for the Xbox! There is a huge amount of potential in that! We just need to embrace it and not alienate these people! What will they see when they look at these forums and decide whether they want to spend their free time and use their own resources to develope for US? Ungrateful people jaded by getting things handed to them. . .
If this scene does die, I'm sure that it won't really crush anybody. . .Sure, we had a good run, but it was just a forum. I'd still like to see more happen in the scene though, and as trivial as it is, on a social level, I've met some damned-fine people through this scene, and I'm sure that most of the grizzled veterans of this forum will be at least a little bid sad to see it go.

Damn. . . .I think I may want to look into Speach Writing as a career. . . huh.gif

Edited by KazuyaWaruasobi, 31 December 2002 - 09:25 AM.

#14 xbox

xbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 09:39 AM

KazuyaWaruasobi your a kool guy, but there are others way ahead of u!!

#15 kkattfish

kkattfish

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 09:40 AM

if you think so xbox who do you think?? beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users