kingkornkarn

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 July 2002 - 11:34 PM

The tutorial says:

"Measure between the TOP LEFT and the screw of the pot."

TOP LEFT what?! Pin? All I get across the screw and any of the pins on the pot is zero Ohms. I blind-tweaked a little too much, now I have to reboot from Evo each time I switch games.

#2 powerben5000

powerben5000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 28 July 2002 - 02:51 AM

heya...

I had a few problems with cd-rw's working so I thought I'd try tweaking the pot. You have to measure across the top left pin and a pin on the bottom right that is hard to reach with a standard multimeter probe. There is a thread on this forum with a pic somewhere, and I followed the tutorial to a T....

After 8 hours of frustration and tearing the dvd drive apart and re-assembling countless times, only to find that my drive wouldn't boot any games at all, I finally managed to get my drive working again, though now it will only boot dvdr/dvdrw media...but I finally learned to let good enough be.

There are a lot of tweaks and hacks to try, but if you're not really confident in your fine electrical working abilities, DON'T TRY THIS TWEAK. Just settle for having to use higher quality media. smile.gif

#3 powerben5000

powerben5000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 28 July 2002 - 04:42 AM

Followup...

I couldn't find the thread on this forum, but this thread has a pic (with red arrows indicating where to measure across) and complete tutorial that is really useful if you're daring enough to try it. Oh yeah, and this tweak only works on Thomson drives.

http://www.i-hacked....c.php?p=295#295

Don't say I didn't warns ya, tho.... laugh.gif

--BenMan

#4 kingkornkarn

kingkornkarn

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 July 2002 - 09:34 AM

Thanks. Got it fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic