#1 67thRaptorBull

67thRaptorBull

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 08 May 2004 - 12:53 AM

ok, i stated this in my other thread, but a few hours ago i unpacked my V1.0 mobo, hooked it up and powered it on, and voila it worked (it had headerpins and d0 preinstalled, but i hadnt hooked up a modchip yet)
i went back to turn it on, it ran fine, i was playing with my sammy 616t (to get it to eject) when the xbox froze, and it wouldnt turn off (like when its overheating) so i unplugged it, turned it back on and it fragged (on off, on off, on) but instead of flashing red green, it stayed solid orange the whole time, thats all it is, is solid orange
i hooked a fan up and waited an hour, then tried running it again thinking it needed to cool, nope, didnt work

so someone said to test the LPC points for voltage, and when i did, i got odd readings (i was using a 3,3v LED, since most the points r 3.3v or 5.v)

the first time i tried, only the right side of pins would light up the LED (as bright as a 3.3v line can get it to light up) and the other side was dead, no power at all
so when i tested again the same thing happened, but this time only the left side lit up
and then i tried again, and now a random number of pins work, others light the LED like its running of 1 volt (when they should be sending out 3.3v) and some dont work

what the hell is wrong?

#2 67thRaptorBull

67thRaptorBull

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 01:25 PM

bump, and i made what at first looked like a breakthrough

there wasa solder glob connecting two points by the lpc (which led to some resistors) that i just removed but that didnt fix it, it still stays orange

#3 HydroBob

HydroBob

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 May 2004 - 01:59 PM

Orange should be a video related problem... very weird.

Good Luck!

#4 67thRaptorBull

67thRaptorBull

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 02:08 PM

well cueball, that didnt work, and im heading out for the day (got some things to do) so ill inspect it some more tomorrow, and if i cant find ne thing, im on to my 5th try............

#5 67thRaptorBull

67thRaptorBull

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 02:23 PM

bah, mods you can close thsi thread, i got the problem being worked out in my other thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users