Ben999_

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 May 2004 - 05:04 PM

I got an apache 2.0 adapter from triibemods and I hooked it up as best I could with their horrible instructions. Then i found the pinouts on google and just hooked up the wires with the info I found. But now the PC power supply is activated as soon as the switch is turned on, when it's not even plugged into the xbox. The only reason this could be happening is if the apache is grounding the green wire and giving it the signal to turn on. Anyone with an apache adapter, is this normal? Or is it only supposed to activate when the xbox power button is pressed?

Edited by Ben999_, 08 May 2004 - 05:08 PM.

#2 cueball13

cueball13

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 05:36 PM

I have the 1.0 and that's not normal behavior. Sounds like you've got a short or something grounding that wire to the standby or whichever it is to turn on the psu. It sounds like you've got the regular, not the pro version, right? I've got the pro, so I didn't have to do any soldering or connections, so I don't have any experience there. The guys at tribemods have always been really helpful to me, so maybe you should try emailing them.

#3 deviation56

deviation56

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 05:51 PM

I have the Apache v2.0 plus where the connectors are already soldered on and I had this problem when I would plug the connector in the wrong way to the mobo, so no it is not normal behavior, you have most likely soldered something wrong... but email tribesmods they usually respond to emails pretty fast with detailed explanations

#4 cueball13

cueball13

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 06:12 PM

Ah, didn't even think of that.....I have a v1.0, so I can't put it in backwards.

#5 Ben999_

Ben999_

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 06:53 PM

Yeh I already emailed tribemods a couple days ago and they haven't sent back. Their web page with instructions on installation simply does not exist, if you click the link for it, it takes you to the other modchip tutorial. The page they did give was not very helpful to me either. The diagrams seemed more helpful to someone converting a v1.2+ psu connector to v1.0. btw, i have a v1.0 xbox. The wire colors on my PSU were not at all the same as the page explained. It's very irritating. I'm glad I didn't try plugging it in the xbox though.

#6 Ben999_

Ben999_

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 07:53 PM

Well it seems that when i short the power on wire to ground it shuts off the power supply. Is the xbox inverted in that it always grounds the power on wire and then takes it off once it is on? I'm guessing that is what the confusion is, since no one else hooked up their adapter without it being plugged into the xbox, since there was no soldering involved and knew it was going to work.

#7 Birdtales

Birdtales

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 May 2004 - 08:07 PM

I have a 2.0 also, it's got a 1.0/1.1 plug on it. It also turns on when the power cord is plugged in with no Xbox on the end of it. However it doesn't turn on right away. The red LED comes on then about 15 secs later the Power Supply kicks on.

#8 shadowarachh

shadowarachh

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 08 May 2004 - 08:23 PM

when i was using the apache that came with the plugs already on it with a 1.1 xbox the power supply would come on as soon as you plugged it into the wall without the apache being plugged into the mobo.

as soon as you plug in the mobo and plug the power into the wall it was fine.

i think there is some kind of rest on the wire when its plugged into the mobo that keeps it from being on.

#9 cueball13

cueball13

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:37 PM

Mine works exactly like a stock xbox psu.....using a 1.0 apache with a 1.0 mobo, like I said before.

#10 Ben999_

Ben999_

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:36 PM

ok thanks a lot, guys. That's all I needed to know. Now back to work on this case conversion beerchug.gif

#11 deviation56

deviation56

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (cueball13 @ May 8 2004, 08:12 PM)
Ah, didn't even think of that.....I have a v1.0, so I can't put it in backwards.

I have a 1.0 also, I meant if you were to plug it in one pin to far to the left, not backwards.... sorry for not specifying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users