• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Aciddrag0n

Aciddrag0n

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 05:37 PM

I've been using the guide on this site to light up my LED's ( http://www.xbox-scen.../jewel-leds.php ). I've hot glued 5 led's ( 3.3v, 20ma, 5000 mcd, blue led's) around the circle i dremeled out. Then i ran the ground wire to all the legs of the leds. Now here is where my question is, am i suppose to soder only one resisitor before the power wire touches the led's, or am i suppose to soder a resistor to each positive leg of the led. I ask this because i was reading at a website where it says not to use one single resistor for a ring of parallel leds ( http://www.kpsec.fre...ponents/led.htm ), but yet this seems to be what the person did on this tutorial. Can someone explain?

Also, do i splice into the Hard drive molex connector to give power to the ring?

#2 schoryan

schoryan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 05:41 PM

if you have the correct resistor for the amount of leds
and u r running it parrallel yes u only need one resistor.

#3 Aciddrag0n

Aciddrag0n

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 05:48 PM

So according to this (http://metku.net/ind...dcalc/index_eng) I would need a 17 ohm resistor?

Can you answer my 2nd question?

#4 Aciddrag0n

Aciddrag0n

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 02:52 AM

anyone?

#5 HydroBob

HydroBob

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 May 2004 - 04:14 AM

I got 470 Ohm...

#6 Ben999_

Ben999_

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 May 2004 - 04:15 AM

You can wire it up either way, both are correct. If you want to use my tutorial though and you have to buy resistors anyway, then just do it like it says. 17 ohm is correct for your LED's. If you can't find that then just get the smallest value you can get above 17ohm. You would then wire to 5v from the hard drive molex plug wires, or you could use a Y-adapter/extension/molex fan connector to wire from just so the top is removable.

#7 HydroBob

HydroBob

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 May 2004 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (Ben999_ @ May 9 2004, 06:15 AM)
You can wire it up either way, both are correct. If you want to use my tutorial though and you have to buy resistors anyway, then just do it like it says. 17 ohm is correct for your LED's. If you can't find that then just get the smallest value you can get above 17ohm. You would then wire to 5v from the hard drive molex plug wires, or you could use a Y-adapter/extension/molex fan connector to wire from just so the top is removable.

Yeah, sorry your right, I didn't use the series calculator. All good now.

Edited by HydroBob, 09 May 2004 - 02:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users