6 replies to this topic

#1 slycaper

slycaper

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 07:44 PM

does anyone know how to unlock a large upgraded locked xbox hdd without using hdunlock.exe and hddisable.exe? so far i have been unable to get hddisable.exe to work. hdunlock.exe works fine however the disable part does not and when i try placing it in the xbox after the unlock only it ends up getting the same error. i originally locked this hdd with another xbox using configmagic and i can't obtain that same xbox again.

thanks

EDIT: hddisable reports a "Device not ready" error when I try to use it

Edited by slycaper, 08 May 2004 - 07:47 PM.

#2 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 May 2004 - 08:04 PM

Unlock it with ConfigMagic in your xbox.

There is no way to unlock it with your computer.

#3 slycaper

slycaper

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 08:42 PM

not true, u CAN unlock it with ur computer as long as u know the password. the password is TEAMASSEMBLY which was created using configmagic. the hdd canNOT be used in the xbox because it was locked using another mobo. the only problem is the program i know is supposed to unlock it is not working as expected. does anyone know of another program or what i may be doing wrong with this one.

thanks

EDIT: the xbox will NOT boot with the locked hard drive in it. it displays an error code 06.

Edited by slycaper, 08 May 2004 - 08:44 PM.

#4 JBNinja99

JBNinja99

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 08 May 2004 - 08:50 PM

yes it's very true that you CAN unlock your hd with your pc. if you do know the password, in your case it's TEAMASSEMBLY. now hdlock and hddisable didn't work for you...did you try unlockx? also, make sure the xbox hd is the ONLY hd connected to your pc when trying it. if any other hd's are connected you will get the 'drive not lockable' or 'device not ready' error.

now strange things...i was doing a hd upgrade, and i ran config magic to lock/unlock the original hd. it said that it changed the pass to the 'TEAMASEMBLY' password. i still ran the evox backup just in case. when i tried to unlock with hdunlock/unlockx using the TA password it wouldn't unlock. but when i used the evox password it did. i hope you don't run into the same problem. but give unlockx a try.

#5 slycaper

slycaper

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:12 PM

thanks, this may be the problem:

when the xbox hard drive was put in the computer it was put on a ribbon with the computer hard drive. i tried both cable select and slave (because it was on the middle bus) but it wouldn't let me use the hddisable.exe either way. it kept saying "Device not ready". i will most definately try removing the computer harddrive to get this to unlock. if this doesn't work then i'll try unlockx.

thanks a lot

#6 slycaper

slycaper

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:14 PM

oh, one more thing...should i set the jumper on the xbox hdd to Master?

#7 JBNinja99

JBNinja99

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:32 PM

YES! the hd should be on the primary ide channel, and the jumper set to master.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users