• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 flummmoxed

flummmoxed

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 11:02 PM

Hi all, I have a version 1.3 xbox with reflashed TSOP (using 007 raincoat)
Bios Version X2 4976.02, my questions...
Is there any point at this stage updating the bios to X2 4983.67, my xbox has worked flawlessly thus far and using the logic 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' would there be any gains for me in doing this?

I assume the newer bios' are better in some way (or why create them?) what if any are the main differences, bugfixes etc, between the 4976.02 and 4983.67?

And finally...If it is worthwhile doing this, and being a noob can someone point me in the direction of the applicable tut...I have found and read many on bios reflashing but oweing to the depth of these forums and Xbox-scene am unsure which one to use?

Thanks...Top work all...there is some truly inspirational brain matter behind these sites...Keep the homefires burning beerchug.gif

#2 Damessiah

Damessiah

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 08 May 2004 - 11:22 PM

Well I know nothing about exploits etc, but the newer bioses in my opinion have one main advantage: they dont allow you to get banned on live..I dont use live so..oh well.

#3 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 May 2004 - 11:28 PM

well i belive 4976 did not have the media check #2 patch it in it, also 4983 blocks access to Live to prevent accidental banning

to reflash just load the default.xbe that came with the 007raincoat save from evox (you dont need the game)

something liek this in evox.ini

Item "Flash Bios (Raincoat)",E:\udata\4541000d\000000000000\default.xbe

#4 flummmoxed

flummmoxed

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 04:41 AM

Thanks LordVader...seems the dark side of the force does rule laugh.gif although...
as i didn't do the original mod I am slowly learning the ropes but am not sure about your instructions a little more detail or a link to a tut with the details would be much appreciated...

You have my vote for emporer thanks dude biggrin.gif

#5 hockeyguy

hockeyguy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 09 May 2004 - 10:06 AM

newbs guide to flashing bios

Use the force.. i mean.. good luck beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic