X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 November 2003 - 02:56 AM

Beta 0.9n.7 (Bug Fixes)

[*] Errors in "subscripts" now report original error and originating script name.
[*] Added "SIZE" command to FTP Server. Reports in the following format: "120 Drive C Reports: (330,416,128 FREE) (524,206,080 TOTAL)" for each drive, unless the user specifies the drive specifically in the SIZE command.
[*] MXM should not lock up any more when running WMV9-based WMV files. It will not play them, but rather than hosing things up, MXM will merely not display the offending video.
[*] Fixed issue with Context Menu items defined in MXM.xml
[*] Fixed problem with the use of special characters % and $ in ActionScripts.
[*] Added Message Logging. See the White Paper for more details. Debugger,Net and File output methods are implemented.
[*] Skinners can now display "CG" strings using offsets. Place the offset value in the "Section" attribute of a text element and the value retrieved
for the string will be that of the menu item offset by that value form the currently selected menu item (or nothing, if out of range).
[*] Similar to the string capability, "entry" type images can also have an offset, by setting an <Offset> value in the resource node.
[*] SETFUNC additions:
- CVTTOBASE <Base> <Padding> <DecmalNum>
Converts number in from, say 15130 to 3B1A (Padding is zero padding, can be set to -1 or 0 to disable)
Input numbers can be bigger than 32 bit values.
- CVTFROMBASE <Base> <Padding> <BaseXNum>
Converts number in from, say 3B1A to 15130 (Padding is zero padding, can be set to -1 or 0 to disable)
Input numbers cannot be bigger than 32 bit values. (Note limitation here!!)

[*] Comparisons now done with 64-bit values in ActionScript IF statements
[*] Memory Units should now be accessable from FTP and ActionScripts
[*] Re-wrote the input stuff in preperation for the new system. Seems to work so far.
[*] Added a parameter for the special "text" element menu - "Wrapped". Set to true, this allows you to cycle through each end of the menu. Do NOT use this on "regular" Menu elements yet.
[*] Added argument support to conditionals. New conditonal: ItemSelected:
<conditional arg1="1">ItemSelected</Conditional>
Works with "not" as well: <conditional arg1="3" not="true">ItemSelected</Conditional>
[*] The new Input System has been integrated! Input is now configurable.
[*] Added HelpDesc and HelpTitle strings. Key is line number, section is device ID.
These will be used to display help screens based on translation tables.
[*] New ActionScript stuff for input handler:
--functions:
-- IQGetMsgID [<ID>]
-- IQPeekMsgID
-- IQPeekStrength
-- IQPeekShiftStrength
-- IQPeekCtrlStrength
-- IQPeekAltStrength
-- IQGetMsgCount
-- HandleType
.....Gets type of handle, 0 if not a valid handle.
--Commands:
-- MOD <Var> <Value>
-- AND <Var> <Value>
-- OR <Var> <Value>
-- XOR <Var> <Value>
-- IQClear
-- IQTable <name>
-- IQPushMsg <ID> <Str> <ShftStr> <CtrlStr> <AltStr>
-- IQWaitMsg [<MsgID> [...<MsgID>]]
-- VIRTKEYBOARD [SINGLE|MULTI|DISABLE|ON|OFF]
-- STRINGINPUT <VAR> <SINGLE|MULTI|IP> <Prompt>
-- SetState <MENU|SAVER|INFO|HELP|GAMEHELP>
-- LINE <X1> <Y1> <X2> <Y2> <Color>
-- MsgBox <Message>
-- Image <Handle> <X> <Y> <Width> <Height>
.....Used with BeginDraw, allows use of Images loaded with LOADIMAGE to be used in an ActionDraw List
-- LOADIMAGE <Handle> <Path>
.....Load an image. May wait up to 5 seconds for image to load from cache.
-- CLOSEIMAGE <Handle>
-- LoadSound <Handle> <File>
....Loads a sound resource to be played
-- CloseSound <Handle>
....Closes sound resource, handle is available for reuse.
-- PlaySound <Handle>
....Play sound from sound resource handle
-- LoadDialogFromXML <UIHandle> <XMLHandle> <XMLLocation>
....Load a dialog from the node indicated
-- OpenZip <ZipHandle> <Filename>
....Opens a zip file to uncompress
-- CloseZip <ZipHandle>
....Closes an open ZIP file
-- UnzipFile <ZipHandle> <Index> <Filename>
....Unzips the entry indexed to the filepath given
-- GetZipInfo <ZipHandle> <Index>
....Retrieves the data for a specific ZIP entry:
- %ZipEntryIndex%
- %ZipEntryCompSize%
- %ZipEntryUncompSize%
- %ZipEntryName%
- %ZipEntryType% ("dir" or "file")

--Specials:
-- rand (Returns 32-bit random number)
[*] Added GOSUB/RETURN functionality to ActionScripting.
Both GOSUB and RETURN may be used after IF
[*] Added FOR/BREAK/NEXT functionality:
- FOR index = 1 TO 10 STEP 3
- BREAK (May be used after IF)
- NEXT
[*] Added Autodetect for DebugServer app.
[*] Checked following:
- Screenshot works fine.
- Checked FTP directory creation/usage/removal "Rainbow 6" - works fine.
[*] Added shifted versions of UI_DIR with the Gamepad input to the default tables in Internal.xml
[*] Added build number, also added XDK version to About Box.
[*] Added Virtual Keyboard. Default activation with "SHIFT-Y"
[*] Using dual-draw stacks for ActionScripts to minimize "flicker"
[*] Cleaned up default pathing for XML files in ActionScripts.
[*] Added the ability to embed variables inside of variables... Usage:
-- SET SomeVar "This is an embedded variable within a variable: %AnotherVar{Index}%"
[*] Added new skin section "Periods" and "menuscroll" value to adjust tweener "menuscroll" source timing.
[*] New Gadget Strings:
- env
-- Global Environment string
- helptitle
-- Help Title (N/A yet)
- helpdesc
-- Help Description (N/A yet)
- cghelptitle
-- Current Game Help Title (N/A yet)
- cghelpdesc
-- Current Game Help Description (N/A yet)
- RawDrvCSize
-- Raw Drive Sizes
- RawDrvESize
- RawDrvFSize
- RawDrvGSize
- RawDrvCFree
-- Raw Drive "free"
- RawDrvEFree
- RawDrvFFree
- RawDrvGFree
- ScreenWidth
-- Actual Screen Width (Added to support HDTV in future)
- ScreenHeight
-- Actual Screen Height (Added to support HDTV in future)

[*] Added SWITCH/CASE/DEFAULT/ENDCASE/ENDSWITCH structured programming statements to ActionScript
[*] Added IF...THEN/ELSE/ENDIF structured programming statements to ActionScript
[*] Added "Circle" type to ZPoints, allowing a quick, pain-free definition of a circle.
[*] Added ONERROR/ONTHISERROR/RAISELASTERROR handling.
[*] XML locations now support Element, Attribute specification, and also support Queries for nodes and elements.
- Locational format! Example: "!.SomeNode.AnotherNode^AnElement~AnAttribute"
- !.Dialogs.Dialog?DlgID=Test.Control?CtrlID=101.Selected is an example of a queried XML location.

Edited by Yuyu, 12 May 2004 - 03:56 PM.

#2 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:19 AM

The "WIP" binaries have been updated.

[*] Errors in "subscripts" now report original error and originating script name.

[*] Added "SIZE" command to FTP Server. Reports in the following format: "120 Drive C Reports: (330,416,128 FREE) (524,206,080 TOTAL)" for each drive, unless the user specifies the drive specifically int he SIZE command.

OK, an "WIP" binaries update has been posted.

There might be some strangeness.... I encountered a bizarre problem tonight because I didn'tinclude a header (compiled fine, but system menus were hosed up)

Changes:

[*] MXM should not lock up any more when running WMV9-based WMV files. It will not play them, but rather than hosing things up, MXM will merely not display the offending video.

[*] Fixed issue with Context Menu items defined in MXM.xml

[*] Fixed problem with the use of special characters % and $ in ActionScripts.

[*] Added Message Logging. See the White Paper for more details. Debugger,Net and File output methods are implemented.

[*] Skinners can now display "CG" strings using offsets. Place the offset value in the "Section" attribute of a text element and the value retrieved for the string will be that of the menu item offset by that value form the currently selected menu item (or nothing, if out of range).

[*] Similar to the string capability, "entry" type images can also have an offset, by setting an <Offset> value in the resource node.

[*] SETFUNC additions:
- CVTTOBASE <Base> <Padding> <DecmalNum>
Converts number in from, say 15130 to 3B1A (Padding is zero padding, can be set to -1 or 0 to disable)
Input numbers can be bigger than 32 bit values.
- CVTFROMBASE <Base> <Padding> <BaseXNum>
Converts number in from, say 3B1A to 15130 (Padding is zero padding, can be set to -1 or 0 to disable)
Input numbers cannot be bigger than 32 bit values. (Note limitation here!!)

[*] Comparisons now done with 64-bit values in ActionScript IF statements

[*] Memory Units should now be accessable from FTP and ActionScripts

[*] Re-wrote the input stuff in preperation for the new system. Seems to work so far.

An "MXM Programming Whitepaper" on the new message logging system can be found HERE in Word DOC format.

Another one, on the upcoming Input System can be found HERE - It's far from final, and will be further updated soon.

Edited by Yuyu, 12 May 2004 - 03:57 PM.

#3 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Dec 3 2003, 10:19 PM)
  • Skinners can now display "CG" strings using offsets. Place the offset value in the "Section" attribute of a text element and the value retrieved for the string will be that of the menu item offset by that value form the currently selected menu item (or nothing, if out of range).
  • Similar to the string capability, "entry" type images can also have an offset, by setting an <Offset> value in the resource node.

• jester.gif

Time for a cirkular remix

#4 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
    • 9,690 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (geniusalz @ Dec 3 2003, 09:35 PM)
    QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Dec 3 2003, 10:19 PM)
  • Skinners can now display "CG" strings using offsets. Place the offset value in the "Section" attribute of a text element and the value retrieved for the string will be that of the menu item offset by that value form the currently selected menu item (or nothing, if out of range).
  • Similar to the string capability, "entry" type images can also have an offset, by setting an <Offset> value in the resource node.

• jester.gif

Time for a cirkular remix

It would be cool if you could let me know how it works... I haven't tested it wink.gif

#5 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Head Moderators
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,827 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:44 AM

I haven't tested yet.

But jlm said it broke the <EntryNamed>Thumbnail</EntryNamed> image where there was no offset specified

Edited by geniusalz, 04 December 2003 - 01:47 AM.

#6 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
    • 9,690 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (geniusalz @ Dec 3 2003, 09:44 PM)
    I haven't tested yet.

But jlm said it broke the <EntryNamed>Thumbnail</EntryNamed> image. There was no offset specified in there

Arg.... OK. I'll have to cook up a skin tomorrow night to do some testing. sad.gif

I might also have the menu scroller in there tomorrow.

#7 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Head Moderators
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,827 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:48 AM

And the menu scroller includes the conditionals, right?

#8 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
    • 9,690 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (geniusalz @ Dec 3 2003, 09:48 PM)
    And the menu scroller includes the conditionals, right?

?? I'll have to review that...

BTW: I just checked the code, and while I **DID** find a potential problem with the MENU image resource types, the ENTRY types looked fine.

#9 jlm5151

jlm5151

X-S Genius

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 793 posts
    • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 December 2003 - 02:12 AM

Another problem....Preview Videos are also no longer showing up at all, and as G said above, that thumbnail entry isnt working no longer either.

#10 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
    • 9,690 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (jlm5151 @ Dec 3 2003, 10:12 PM)
    Another problem....Preview Videos are also no longer showing up at all, and as G said above, that thumbnail entry isnt working no longer either.

Yeah, I figured out the problem.

I'll post the binaries in a few....

#11 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
    • 9,690 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 03:00 AM

OK, It's updated.... I was using the wrong value for range checking, and it was throwing out ALL of my index values (I added the check because of the offset).

Also, don't forget the try out the text capability. Theoretically, you could remix the MS Dash skin, too, and offset the positions of the titles on the screen, too (use text instead of the menu)

I've thought of some more interesting arrangements, but those will incorporate the menu gadget, as they will involve smooth scrolling (Imagine rotated text, spinning in)

#12 jlm5151

jlm5151

X-S Genius

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 793 posts
    • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 December 2003 - 03:26 AM

Great! Thanks for the quick fix and it indeed did fix the problem. Also I noticed the addition of memory card support is working great. There seems to be two instances of it though. Letters S and V seem to both be memory cards but I only have one card, so it must be duplicating it. Also like the quick access to inner xml files through the ftp, nice touch. These WIP updates are making me giddy like a school girl, feels like the old days again when new WIP's came daily . Thanks BJ! laugh.gif

Edit: Sorry just noticed the two instances are TDATA and UDATA wink.gif big DUH! on my part. smile.gif

Edited by jlm5151, 04 December 2003 - 03:29 AM.

#13 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Head Moderators
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,827 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 05:42 AM

Oh BTW, Neat input system! Especially the VNC. And the voice!

But how will analogue buttons work in the input system? Does it take the max strength pressed, or are we allowed to check the strength in realtime?

Edited by geniusalz, 04 December 2003 - 05:49 AM.

#14 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
    • 9,690 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (geniusalz @ Dec 4 2003, 01:42 AM)
    Oh BTW, Neat input system! Especially the VNC. And the voice!

But how will analogue buttons work in the input system? Does it take the max strength pressed, or are we allowed to check the strength in realtime?

There will be information regarding the "strength" for raw input, as usual. I will also include "strength" information in the input information, for the analog ins and the 2 "shift" inputs.

I didn't check out IR and keyboard input though last night.... I took all of the assorted input routines and consolidated them into a single "object" called the physical layer. Once the new translion layers are in place, I'll have to go to the various parts of the app and swap out the way input is handled for the new system. ActionScripts are special, as I have to wait for the script to say it needs input, before looking at it; then it loads the environment variables with the raw input. The "new" way will allow you to use translated input, too. I've still got some things to work out, but I might have the script tell the system it doesn't need raw input, so the input can be scanned continuously (translated messages are held in a queue, so no lost input!!). It will also make things more consistent for the user, if they reconfigure their keys.

#15 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
    • 9,690 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 12:02 PM

Well, I'll have at least one thing to fix tonight... I checked this morning, and while the keyboard was fine, my IR remote was not. sad.gif I think I know what is happening though, and regardless, it will only be temporary.

Once the translation layer is in place, support for the IR and keyboard will be universal (through the new standard input mechanism).

Don't forget to test the "CG" text elements, too... A neat test I thought of is to create a "menu" consisting of the center holding the current selection, and the text selections scrolling diagonally from the left, and the icons scrolling in from the left on the other diagonal (to converge on the center, then diverge). You could also add varying pulse and transparency as the text displayed was "further" from the center.

Oh.... and make the selected text item the "Menu" using the special text element tag - that will allow you to bypass the need for any menu, and you can control the horizontal, too, if you want to use that instead.

Edited by BenJeremy, 04 December 2003 - 12:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users