BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 December 2003 - 01:32 AM

I'll have to take a look at why that's not working. It should be fine.

#32 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Members
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 01:48 AM

Doh... it's "Condition", not "Conditional"!!

Give it a whirl that way.

#33 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 December 2003 - 02:09 AM

Yup, it works.

I didn't even bother checking since it was coming from u wink.gif . (and my mind was numb from calculus anyway. Final tomorrow, gotta go back to study unsure.gif )

#34 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Members
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (geniusalz @ Dec 4 2003, 10:09 PM)
Yup, it works.

I didn't even bother checking since it was coming from u wink.gif . (and my mind was numb from calculus anyway. Final tomorrow, gotta go back to study unsure.gif )

Yeah, silly me... I actually double checked the "ItemSelected" but didn't think twice about the condition tag.

#35 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 02:16 AM

When are the newer menus coming? wink.gif

#36 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Members
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (geniusalz @ Dec 5 2003, 10:16 PM)
When are the newer menus coming? wink.gif

Ah well... in a few days. I'm working on the input system at the moment. So far, so good. I've built up the "layers" and I haven't broken anything (yet). When I'm done, all of the keys will be programmable, and I'll easily be able to do stuff like virtual mice (using the keyboard, IR or gamepad) and a good "true" virtual keyboard.

As for the hotspot thing, I'm thinking on that - for text "CG" strings, instead of a simple numeric offset, my idea has you putting a '@' in front of the number, to represent the relative display position, which will be referenced to the "Virtual" menu to get the actual menu item. For images, you'll use VirtualDispPos or something like that in the resource type. Finally, a new conditional called "ishighlighted" with an argument representing the "virtual" display position.

As you can see, it's a bit sticky.

Meanwhile, I'm swamped with work for my day job... to much nelgect during the week, and my boss is back on Monday (a real taskmaster, and it's a Japanese company), so I'll be busting ass this weekend on what I was supposed to be doing this week rolleyes.gif

#37 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Members
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 02:53 AM

Just to let people know about my latest progress... spent the night working on the input routines.

Things will be much smoother (finally, "real" selectable keyrepeat rates), fully configurable (Keyboard, IR, gamepad, and possibly even mouse), and the entire system is "command oriented" - that is, you determine the physical button presses and the system transmits a specific, generic message to the system. I also plan on adding the ability for users to add to these "commands" to trigger ActionScripts (I might add the ability to run ActionScripts before, after or in place of the original commands, as well).

It's no small task. The original framework input routines have been replaced so far, but when finished, I will be adding a virtual keyboard and also plan on a virtual mouse (switch your gamepad into "mouse mode" for onscreen dialogs, for example). All of this is in preperation for a COMPLETE UI with real dialogs.

Patience is the key thing here. My day job is soaking up large amounts of my time at the moment ("Crunch Time") as I'm stuck having to write 200+ pages of software requirements for a project that's already half done (not my fault - I just started working there!!) - so I'm spending time working on it at home, as well.

#38 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 04:01 AM

Cool, as long as progress is being made, I'll be patient rolleyes.gif .

And BTW, is this a good time to recruit more devs for MXM? wink.gif

#39 DBZRacer

DBZRacer

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 04:25 AM

Keep up the great work as usual BJ! beerchug.gif

The virtual mouse sounds really interesting...

#40 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Members
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (geniusalz @ Dec 10 2003, 12:01 AM)
Cool, as long as progress is being made, I'll be patient rolleyes.gif .

And BTW, is this a good time to recruit more devs for MXM? wink.gif

Well, anytime is a good time to recruit more devs to the project.... cool.gif

#41 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Members
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (DBZRacer @ Dec 10 2003, 12:25 AM)
Keep up the great work as usual BJ! beerchug.gif

The virtual mouse sounds really interesting...

Yes, I still have some details to work out, but once it's done, implementing the mouse should be a snap.

#42 yourwishismine

yourwishismine

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 December 2003 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Dec 9 2003, 10:53 PM)
Just to let people know about my latest progress... spent the night working on the input routines.

Well ok.. but I spent the night locked in my closet with nothing but a toothbrush and shaving cream... laugh.gif

#43 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Members
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (yourwishismine @ Dec 10 2003, 07:44 AM)
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Dec 9 2003, 10:53 PM)

Well ok.. but I spent the night locked in my closet with nothing but a toothbrush and shaving cream... laugh.gif

Somehow, I think even that is just way too much information... rolleyes.gif

#44 jlm5151

jlm5151

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 December 2003 - 05:17 PM

Just thought I would add a few things I noticed. After switching a few songs in a row, MXM no longer plays music, the songs change but do not play. This does not always happen, but happens enough to report. Another thing is the new memory card support in the FTP is a bit weird. They show whether or not the memory card is in and the files never change whether I delete the files off the card for not wink.gif . These are minor things, but I thought I would due my job as a tester tongue.gif

#45 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Members
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (jlm5151 @ Dec 13 2003, 01:17 PM)
Just thought I would add a few things I noticed. After switching a few songs in a row, MXM no longer plays music, the songs change but do not play. This does not always happen, but happens enough to report. Another thing is the new memory card support in the FTP is a bit weird. They show whether or not the memory card is in and the files never change whether I delete the files off the card for not wink.gif . These are minor things, but I thought I would due my job as a tester tongue.gif

Interesting on the memory card support. I haven't really played with it yet, so I'll have to take a look.

As for the music stuff, it will be getting the "treeatment" soon. Today, I'll finish up the input translation stuff. I think people will be pleasantly surprised; scripters should appreciate better input and having access to the keyboard and IR remote, too...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users