2 replies to this topic

#1 chillybeanz

chillybeanz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 06:44 AM

Hi

I hav an xbox (details below) that when i boot it takes a really long time to load up.

the hdd spins once every second, but not continuously.

when it does eventually load, it says that i hav no data in the E drive.

when i put a game cd in and boot it says error 14 (unable to load dash).

there is no 'important' data on the hdd, so just wondered if there is a way i can reformat the hdd and start ova (i dont hav ftp access)....or does it sound like a buggered hdd?? guess it aint buggered as i dash does load eventually??

only started happening after i reset after playing moto gp, took long time to reset then started booting slow.

cheers for any help

Matteo

xbox:
maxtor 200gb
xbit chip
exvoX v3959
stuff stored on f: drive

#2 Pizza Pizz

Pizza Pizz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 07:13 AM

Use Slayer 2.5

Choose format RETAIL drive - think option 4

The retail option will format C E X Y Z - hopefully leaving F alone

can't guarantee this will work 101% but fairly sure it would

You may want to back up your saves - if no pc is about then use boxexplorer to copy the E\UDATA & anything else over to F drive for the time being and bring them back when ya done
(maybe also copy ya evox.ini over as well)

#3 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 07:16 AM

Before you do, check the IDE type cable on the Xbox, also try replacing it with another. A standard IDE cable will work.

The OEM Xbox cables have been known to be a bit easy to screw up while removing and inserting them during mod chip installs/upgrades.

Also change the drives jumper. If it was set to MASTER, change it to cable select or vice versa to see if this makes a difference.

If the suggested format doesn't help, then it's likely that the drive is dying on you or it is getting insufficient power from the supply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users