3 replies to this topic

#1 kod68

kod68

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 07:25 AM

I haven't done a damn thing to my Xbox. I bought a new one because I fried one during a chip install.
I tried taking out the DVD from the fried unit (Thompson) and put it in the one I just bought (Samsung). Same results. I tried switching the harddrive. Got #6 message.
I'm fucked for another $ 150.00, huh

#2 stacker69

stacker69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 May 2004 - 07:33 AM

But why would you use a Thompson drive? Samsung are a lot better. And now since you tampered with the new one you can't even use your warranty.

#3 kod68

kod68

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 07:50 AM

I had to get a DVD out of the fried unit, so I unhooked both, reconnected the fried box's DVD to the new unit, ejected the DVD, then reconnected.
The new unit doesn't even recognize DVDS. I'm getting seriously pissed. One of cables came in a blue cellophane bag. I'm wondering if I didn't get a MS refurbished unit.
I'm planning on putting my Smartxx chip in the new unit anyway, so whether or not I had to get the DVD out, I was still going to open it. Never thought to check out if it's fucked from the get go.
If I tell MS I've had it for a while and it crapped out, how much are they going to charge me to fix it?

#4 kod68

kod68

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 11:48 AM

I know that I voided the warranty, but is it illegal for me to try to return it to the store. I just bought it today.
Returning it after I merely opened it up would constitute fruad or anything would it?

Edited by kod68, 09 May 2004 - 11:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users