5 replies to this topic

#1 Efompor

Efompor

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 12:59 AM

I'm about to buy a mod chip tonight and I was thinking on getting the xecuter 2.3b lite plus (i think that's what it's called), but I have a question first. Some websites have the chip pre-flashed with Linux. Some don't have it pre flashed at all. I was wondering whether or not I would need a programmer in order to flash one of these chips to evo-x, or whether I could just flash it with a disc... how do you do it? I don't want to install the chip and find out that I still can't flash...

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before, but search is disaled right now...

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 May 2004 - 01:03 AM

I believe that all X2 chips come preflashed with the Linux Cromwell Flash BIOS. So all you will need is a BIOS CD/DVD to flash it after it is installed.

Welcome to Xbox-Scene. Good Luck! smile.gif

#3 Efompor

Efompor

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 01:07 AM

thank you smile.gif

#4 Xboy_12

Xboy_12

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:XBOX, Hockey, Programming, Computer, HARDWARE!
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 May 2004 - 01:08 AM

Hey man welcome,

Like chefelf said, you may flash your chip with a cd. Simply make the bios cd of your choice, read tut. Then when you have chip installed for the first time, it will ask for a update cd, you pop in your bios and a flashing it will go. Any more questions fell free to ask. smile.gif

#5 Efompor

Efompor

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 01:17 AM

where would be a good place to buy a xecuter 2.3b lite plus? System Mods and Divineo are both sold out, and other sites could be shifty (I remember hearing something about "System-modZ.com" not delivering)...

Edited by Efompor, 10 May 2004 - 01:19 AM.

#6 Efompor

Efompor

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 02:09 AM

Sorry for that last post there, I was a bit lazy... I went to the shop ratings section f this website and I saw some good reviews for GameShopUSA, plus there was a $5.00 off coupon, so I bought from there. Thanks for all your help guys! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users