• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 vaosh

vaosh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:22 PM

I've read three tutorials on backing up my games onto the XBOX hd but I just cant get it. I'm using evolution x. What I gathered was, that I would put the game into my xbox, ftp, then transfer the game contents from D, to E. Well I did, and now on EVOX when I go into games, the game shows up. But when I click it the big EVOX logo coms up, and goes away after a few minutes back to the start.
Is this a common thing? What am I doing wrong?

#2 amps

amps

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:24 PM

Your best bet, since you call your self a complete noob is to use DVD2Xbox 5.7, check out the usual places and your life will be alot easier.

#3 The Juggler

The Juggler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:26 PM

Well, if the game shows up, you are probably transfering it properly. Although, you are putting the game on E? Don't you have a larger HD installed? Also, what bios are you using? It might be that it's an old bios and requires the media check patch. Those sound like the most obvious problems...

EDIT: DVD2Xbox should automatically patch the media check. Or, you could just try and use a newer bios. (if that is the problem...)

Edited by The Juggler, 10 May 2004 - 04:29 PM.

#4 amps

amps

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:29 PM

It might be that it's an old bios and requires the media check patch
Yeah that's what I thought and I suggested he/she use DVD2Xbox.... it's easier to tell somebody to use a specific program rather than trying to explain how to flash their Bios w/o them ruining it even though it's pretty simple for some us.

#5 vaosh

vaosh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:55 PM

I've actually used XBOXCOPY0025, and as I understand it that patches games. Well doing that I've gotten the same results. I'll try DVD2XBOX, cant see how it will make a difference though.
I havent a clue what BIOS I'm using but I got everything pretty recently.

#6 Xtrem

Xtrem

The Next Level

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:57 PM

You Should Check If The Clock In The Ms™ Dash Is Set And Turn Off The Igr Of EvoX.

#7 vaosh

vaosh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 05:48 PM

Turned off IGR, it was on, but still nothing.
I think the clock on MSDashboard may not be set, but I cant get the default dashboard anymore. I followed a tutorial, so I swapped my dashboards I think. And I renamed the Evolution one msxdashboard or something, so now its the default one. When I turn my modchip(Xecuter 2.3blite+) off, I get a very weird and scary screen.

#8 vaosh

vaosh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 05:55 PM

OK, I got dvd2xbox, and backed up my game. When I load it I get a big EVOLUTIONX green logo screen.

#9 Xtrem

Xtrem

The Next Level

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:03 PM

You Need To Set The Clock Check In Your C: You Should Have xboxdash.xbe And evoxdash.xbe

#10 vaosh

vaosh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:56 PM

The clock is OK.
I tried to backup True Crime: Streets of L.A., and it diddnt work. Then I did it to KOTOR, and it did work. So I'm confused.

#11 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 May 2004 - 07:00 PM

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=212739

#12 amps

amps

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 07:00 PM

When DVD2xbox loads hit the white button and goto settings, the latest version you probably need ACL processing on, and did you download the ACL pack? It would be helpful to know what BIOS you have since it may not support media patching.

#13 vaosh

vaosh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 07:11 PM

It says ACL processing is on, and no I diddnt download the ACL pack. Would that help?

The BIOS version is EvoX 3.6

#14 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 May 2004 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (vaosh @ May 10 2004, 04:11 PM)
It says ACL processing is on, and no I diddnt download the ACL pack. Would that help?

The BIOS version is EvoX 3.6

Are you really using Evox 3.6? That's a pretty old BIOS. You may want to consider upgrading to Evox M7 or X2 4983. That may help you with your backups (as stated in the link I posted rolleyes.gif).

#15 vaosh

vaosh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 08:53 PM

I'll update. Just wondering, can I update via FTP by just switching the files around? Or do I have to make a new boot CD?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users