12 replies to this topic

#1 nufan

nufan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 04:31 AM

hey guys, i ordered an X2: LITE on the 26th of December from extreme-mods. Im not complaining or anything just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat (or there abouts) has any idea when i should expect them? They have been great and emailed me when i placed my order, telling me they were waiting on a new batch and that they would be expecting the monday that just passed, and they would be shipped out after that. Now i check the website and it says they are out of stock for 7 - 10 days. Obviously i probably ordered around the wrong time of the year and understand it must be hard for them, i am just being impatient i guess and want my x2 lite in my box smile.gif anyways didnt think it would hurt to see if anyone was more in the know about this than me.

#2 Rollo

Rollo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 08:11 AM

rolleyes.gif I know how you feel. I guess we just have bad timing. I want that chip pretty bad but i'll wait as long as i have to.

My response from them is a form letter.

#3 GLK888

GLK888

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 08:34 AM

Yeep Same here.. I ordered it on the 24th i think..

sad.gif

#4 FlyinHawaiian

FlyinHawaiian

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Vid's, Playing Bass (loud), & Eating! Oh, and beating Ken Conklin like a pinata!

Posted 01 January 2003 - 08:48 AM

I am also waiting for my chip from Extreme Mods...But in all fairness, they posted a message on their newsboard on the 23rd stating that they were out of chips and unsure about when, exactly, they would be getting them back in. Since then, they have posted 3 separate messages updating their customers on the status of the order. On one of their posts, dated 12-30-02, they even offered to cancel your order if you were unhappy (or could find it elsewhere).

Trust me, I am just as anxious as anybody to get my chip in the 'Ol Box, but I think we'll have to give our thumbs a rest 'til early next week ohmy.gif . By the way, they did place another order for X2:Lites from another distributor, so they should be getting enough chips in to meet the high public demand (so further delays on orders is unlikely).

Here is the link to their updated news page:

http://www.extreme-mods.com/news.htm

#5 nufan

nufan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 09:28 AM

thanx guys for replying smile.gif and thanx heaps for that news site, the good thing they are doing is keeping us all updated, after all its not really thier fault smile.gif oh well i spose the good thing about this is all the research we can do while we wait, anyways guys keep posting if u hear anything, and then when u get ur chip, happy waiting smile.gif

#6 sh0rty

sh0rty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 06:10 AM

Hey everyone...

I ordered my Xecuter lite chip from extrememods and I received it a couple of days ago. I'm in Australia so I'm glad it made it over here in one piece smile.gif

I've installed it and it's working just fine.

Happy gaming when you get yours

#7 Knuck3ls

Knuck3ls

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 07:01 AM

Cancel and go to www.divineo.com

They are a couple bucks cheaper even with 2-day shipping. And if you order before 3 PM they ship it same day.

And they are in stock**

#8 nufan

nufan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (sh0rty @ Jan 2 2003, 05:10 PM)
Hey everyone...

I ordered my Xecuter lite chip from extrememods and I received it a couple of days ago. I'm in Australia so I'm glad it made it over here in one piece smile.gif

I've installed it and it's working just fine.

Happy gaming when you get yours

hey shorty when did u order it and what shipment method did u choose?

dont think im gonna cancel just due to the fact extreme mods has kept me up to date and it doesnt seem to be their fault, plus would probably get messy with payment etc..

#9 Rollo

Rollo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 01:11 AM

anybody got a chip yet cuz i'm still waiting.

they keep pushin back their order fill time every couple of days. sad.gif

#10 CentroniX

CentroniX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 05:14 PM

I'm quiet sure it's just do to stocking and backorder issues. I'm awaiting one as well... But I have ordered mods from them in the past (that were in stock), and they shipped out as promised and arrived in 1 to business 2 days (in the US). Don't worry, they are a reputable shop, just overwhelmed. The impression I've gotten the few times I've talked to them on the phone has been that it's a small "Mom-n-Pop" shop, so two or three people processing hundreds if not thousands of orders has to be time consuming; To the point they have asked to not even e-mail them as it cuts in to their shipping time!

Like Mom used to say, "Good things come to those who wait", to which I always responded, "F*** that, I'm inpatient and want instant gratification, damnit!" But still had to always ended up waiting anyway! smile.gif

cent

#11 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 January 2003 - 09:02 PM

Never had a problem with them... They are doing their best to get them out, from what I hear...

#12 Kroz

Kroz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 09:46 PM

I ordered on 12/19/2002 and I got mine on Monday 1/6/2003. I knew to expect a delay when I didn't have it preordered well before December. It is like everything else if they don't have it, they can't ship it to you. They were very professional when I called to check on the order and I have no complaints.

#13 biosboy

biosboy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 11:35 PM

they're awesome to deal with

its also a good sign that they have backorders - it means they are VERY bust as so many people buy from them

they did post that received a new batch a couple of days ago - so be patient guys

good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users