• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gill

Gill

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:24 PM

I'm having some issues playing .ty streams from XBMC (CVS build 4-29).

I've tried two ways. Extracting the .ty to my PC and playing over an SMB share, or using ccxstream and connecting to the XBMS share directly on the tivo.

Both cases i end up with a loud screeching noise (sounds a little like morse code), and no video. Also, as an FYI, i have the xbox plugged up through my receiver via optical cable, and my TiVo is a DirecTV combo unit.

Any help is appreciated,

#2 Gill

Gill

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 10:40 AM

Well I tried a later CVS build (5/10 IIRC) and still saw the same issues. As a workaround, I muxed the .ty files into .vobs on my PC, and XBMC played them fine. I think XBMC still doesn't have all the bugs worked out regarding .ty files.

#3 DonCorleone

DonCorleone

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 13 May 2004 - 04:44 PM

The 4/19 build worked flawlessly for me, for streaming .ty files directly off my Tivo. I installed the 5/09 build on a second xbox, and am experiencing the same symptoms you are describing. Looks to me like a new bug has been introduced into the latest builds.

#4 Gill

Gill

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 11:48 PM

Thanks for the info Don. Hopefully they'll iron it out.

#5 elupus

elupus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 01:29 PM

if somebody could provide a small sample ty file it would be alot easier.

regards
elupus, XBMC DevLite

#6 DonCorleone

DonCorleone

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (elupus @ May 27 2004, 03:29 PM)
if somebody could provide a small sample ty file it would be alot easier.

regards
elupus, XBMC DevLite

How small is small ;-)

I've got a couple of Seinfeld episodes sitting on my USB drive right now, that I could FTP over to you, but they're about 500MB each.

I could edit them down to a few minutes, but I'm concerned that if I do, that it will change what is supplied to me "natively" directly off the Tivo. I don't think it's an issue, but better safe than sorry...

My other option is to wait until I get home, and record a quick couple of minutes of a program, and send this to you, which would then be a "complete" file.

Edited by DonCorleone, 27 May 2004 - 02:12 PM.

#7 elupus

elupus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:22 PM

think that is better with a correct file to beginwith.. you can upload the sample to the bugreport about ty/ts files on sourceforge. somewhere around 5-10 mb is fine.

http://sourceforge.n...054&atid=581838

elupus

#8 DonCorleone

DonCorleone

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (elupus @ May 27 2004, 05:22 PM)
think that is better with a correct file to beginwith.. you can upload the sample to the bugreport about ty/ts files on sourceforge. somewhere around 5-10 mb is fine.

http://sourceforge.n...054&atid=581838

elupus

Okay. I've got a 1 minute recording that I can upload to sourceforge, however, in following the link provided above, I don't see any way for me to send an attachement as part of this entry.

It seems I can create a new bug report and attach a file, but not to the already existing one...

#9 elupus

elupus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:42 PM

hmm. maybe only members/devs can.. can you provide alink for me to download it from?.. actually just realised, where you can upload it... i'll send you a priv mess .. don't remeber what the max size is, but its somewhere around 8mb.. rar or zip it first.

Edited by elupus, 27 May 2004 - 09:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users