#1 bobbyblaze

bobbyblaze

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 09:33 PM

Hi Everyone,

me again with another doozie! I've just got a Hauppauge Dec-2000t DVB USB TV thingy and was salivating at the thought of streaming this sucker to XBMC and utilizing the PVR features such as timeshifting and pausing live Tv while it's still a novel idea. I don't think bandwith will be a problem as it pumps out between 4-6 mbs which is full whack for UK digital TV (No laughing my Hi-deff'd up American friends laugh.gif ). The only thing thats got me scratching my thick cromagnum skull is what to do next. How would such a thing be accomplished?? What do I do, and where do I go to do it?

Anyone of the (many) clever and more experiencd folk than myself got any ideas????

#2 bobbyblaze

bobbyblaze

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 12:02 AM

Just wanted to clarify that i'm not expecting to record to the xbox hardrive or anything too flash just to stream the direct mpeg2 content of the hauppauge and display it on the xbox. The software that comes with it will timeshift to the PC harddrive, I just wanna display what the software dcoder on the PC would but on the xbox instead (big screen TV, remote control access, mmmmmm)

any ideas?

smile.gif

#3 jaime2791

jaime2791

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 01:42 AM

i am streaming digitaltv in Australia with a visiondtv card and ts reader. Plays perfectly in latest xbmc. trying to stream my leadtek card in a hope to stream cabletv using VLC anyone done this yet?

#4 bobbyblaze

bobbyblaze

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 04:56 PM

Hi!
You mention that your are able to stream your digital TV and that's great man but pray tell, how did you manage to do it? I.e. what did you add to xbmc.xml and what other adjustments did you make??

Really appreciate it if you can help out here wink.gif

#5 flux2k

flux2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 05:34 PM

Windows Media Encoder allows you to stream a video source (a file or direct from your tv tuner card). I've used it to stream stuff over my wifi network to my laptop and it works great. All you have to do it enter the url in Windows Media Player and bang! The only downside is that you can't change channels but if you are using a receiver your could you the remote (with an extender).

I wonder if XBMC can process this stream like it does with internet video streams?

Edited by flux2k, 13 May 2004 - 05:39 PM.

#6 hitman_uk

hitman_uk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 06:25 PM

In the developers forum im sure they were talking about some kind of script and integration with a TV Tuner Card. I think they were discussing the PVR 350 and they were saying that in the near future you would be able to turn over the tv channel using some kind of script and record/watch and delete shows from the xbox...Sounds like a really nice feature if it transpires.

#7 Cybermynd

Cybermynd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:05 PM

If you could browse to a Beyond TV ( Snapstream ) machine somehow you can stream video that way. You can also change channels and playback recorded TV! I can even do it wirelessly from my Dell Axim3i. Works slick as, well, something really slick!

XMBC is the way to go for media and Beyond TV ( IMHO ) is the way to go for a PVR. Could be a great combo.

Having said all that I've never tried it... jester.gif

#8 exobyte

exobyte

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:26 PM

Let's take this to an insane level and talk to the mythtv devel about adding player support to xbmc. That would be sweet, although I would then need to set up a second server. Damn lazy freebsd porters.

#9 jaime2791

jaime2791

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 10:54 PM

download tsreader lite version it only allows streaming for 1minute or full version allows unlimited but will cost you. It works with XNS so just enter your ip address and selected port in ts reader and your mediacenter.xml and you will see your channels in xbmc smile.gif

#10 jaime2791

jaime2791

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:00 PM

vlc media player lets you select a directshow input device to stream which works with my analogue card but i am still trying to get that up on xbmc those of you with optus could use this to stream paytv..

#11 jaime2791

jaime2791

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:05 PM

webscheduler lets you record your tv shows through a web page so I boot up linksboks and schedule recordings that way but i thing it only works with dvb-t but you could still use it as a tv guide
http://robdvd.radfil...topic.php?t=587

#12 TylerB11

TylerB11

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:44 PM

Dude, get freevo. Install server on PC with WinTV. Install Client on xbox. Full tivo-y goodness.

Only downside(but is it really?) - server must run linux.

#13 exobyte

exobyte

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 14 May 2004 - 04:58 AM

Dude, get freevo. Install server on PC with WinTV. Install Client on xbox.

Ok- I'd do this, but is there a good client out there? I don't want the xbox-linux solution. Sitting through a booting kernel sucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users