8 replies to this topic

#1 Tobester

Tobester

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 01:41 PM

Basicly I said it in the title. Its just that i dont want to get any other programs other that nero and clone cd/dvd cause i have these.
If any one could take there time and help I would be very happy.
Thank you for your time
Tob3z

#2 ncaissie

ncaissie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 02:19 PM

Thatís not possible yet.

your PC can only read the Video layer of the game and that why you get a short DVD movie saying but the disk in the xbox.

#3 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 May 2004 - 02:57 PM

If it's a backup, then yes you can do a 1:1 copy.

#4 Tobester

Tobester

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 02:59 PM

how do i do that?
just copy dvd?

#5 Tobester

Tobester

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 06:33 PM

what i mean by that is, is there any settings i need to set up. Can i do copy on the fly or would that not be safe.

#6 clarky1

clarky1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 04:30 AM

if your backing up a backup just 'dvd copy'. record now, nero etc can all do this. no special settings at all

#7 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 May 2004 - 05:45 AM

You can do an on the fly copy but you risk a coaster in the process. Make sure if you are going to do any on the fly burning that you have a PC with good specs and that your reader and writer are on seperate IDE channels. Anyways, no special settings. If you don't want to risk it on the fly then simply read the source disc to the HD and then write back to DVD-R. Simple enough. You can also do this with DVD Decrypter in ISO mode. It's a free D/L if you don't already have it and very easy to use. Just read in ISO mode to HD and then write the ISO file back to DVD-R in ISO mode. http://www.dvddecrypter.com Just another option if you can't get the others to work for some odd reason. I have used it a number of times to make 1:1 transfers of my backups from Princo to Ritek DVD-R.

#8 milky1000

milky1000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 06:11 AM

make sure you have enough free space on your HD,and copy it by image, i use pioneer writer for creating image and burning it.

so once you choose dvd copy,go to copy options and uncheck *on the fly* and select the source drive to be your writer, put disk in writer start the copying, it will now create the image, once thats done it opens the tray and asks you to insert a blank disk.

#9 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:32 AM

I've never made a coaster during on-the-fly copying, even when my HDD goes a little mad!

Your DVD-Burner should have buffer underrun protection - they all do. It prevents coasters from being made.....unless I've just been lucky!

Martin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users