• Please log in to reply
684 replies to this topic

#451 Jameson42

Jameson42

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Modding (of course),<br />Juggling,<br />D&amp;D (3rd edition - so sue me),<br />Working at EB Games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE(consilium @ Jul 15 2005, 04:26 PM)
Yeah, sure...forgot to mention that, I'll probably use SPDIF to output sound. Do you have any ideas or tips on how to disassemble the cable connector? I managed to reveal the metal casing, but I have no idea on how to properly open it...I don't want to damage it.

Will it be easy to see those shorted wires on the connector once I've opened it? And, does this standard A/V-cable contain ALL of the wires all the way up to the audio/video-connectors?

Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions, Jameson  cool.gif

View Post

I don't really remember how I opened the metal on mine. I think there might be some tips on that in this thread somewhere. The Jumpers are incredibly easy to find.

All of the MS A/V cables have only as many wires as they need. So, the standard cable has 6 wires - Video +/-, Audio L +/- and Audio R +/-.

#452 gelberblitz

gelberblitz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 02:15 PM

Hi

I'm more or less noob an got some questions.

First of all what i got:

xbox 1.0 (PAL) no modchip
Evox V+3935 running

I made a "VGA / HD" Cable with these 3 switches to select which mode.
I couldn't get the LM1881 chip so i used this manual and a 74HC14:
http://www.xbox-linu...al_sync_signals
to get the sync signals.

I don't have an HD TV but when I power on the xbox in HD mode i'm quite sure that everything works because the disc is workling and doning the normal accessing sounds (don't have sound connected yet).

i entered M$ Dash (blindly)

5 x down (evox entry for M$ dash)
A

2 x down (inside M$ dash)
A

3 x down
A

1 x down
A

1 x left
A

when i switch mode to VGA i get a "black" screen and the Hard Drive does not behave like normal.

any idear why this is?

does one of you know if the Evox V+3935 is able to do VGA

can i run VGA bios wihtout modchip?

thanks

#453 Jameson42

Jameson42

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Modding (of course),<br />Juggling,<br />D&amp;D (3rd edition - so sue me),<br />Working at EB Games

Posted 17 July 2005 - 05:10 PM

First off, your xbox needs to be in NTSC. You can't get any HD modes until then. (and as such, you can't get VGA).

Second, you will need a VGA bios in order to use VGA. iND-BiOS 5001 VGA is the top choice of pretty much everyone who uses VGA and knows about it. Unless you're using a bootloader (there is a BFM version of iND-BiOS 5001 VGA), you'll prolly want a modchip, as VGA bioses only work with a VGA connection, nothing else.

#454 fahrenheit

fahrenheit

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 10:59 PM

^ Actually Jameson42, I haven't tested component, but RGB SCART displays correctly when using a VGA BIOS. smile.gif

#455 Jameson42

Jameson42

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 11:29 PM

I know for a fact that component does not output correctly when a vga bios is installed, because vga bioses change what colors component outputs so that it works on vga. pretty sure s-vid won't work, and I know composite doesn't. Tested many times.

#456 gelberblitz

gelberblitz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:04 AM

hmm didn't want to buy such a modchip. sad.gif

do you know if the vga output would work in this Xebian linux thing without a special vga biso?

for me that would be enough because i doon't need the vga for playing.

I think i'll go on reading some more howtos & faqs the next days, and ask some more silly questuons in here biggrin.gif

#457 Black_Scorpion

Black_Scorpion

X-S Enthusiast

• Validating
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:56 AM

plizz help.

I have Samsung SyncMaster 710M LCD Monitor. It is have Sync On Green.
I read from http://www.xbox-linu.../Xbox_VGA_HOWTO If your monitor supports "Sync On Green" you're lucky - you just need a plain cable to connect your AVIP connector with your VGA monitor.
No additional electronic components are necessary. Is it mean I need only conect wires direct?
is it only 480p? huh.gif

#458 Xlink-Kai

Xlink-Kai

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 02:23 PM

Yes, you won't have to use a LM1881N. Just use the diagram on the first page of this thread and forget the whole LM1881N thing. Just the six wires directly from the motherboard to the VGA connector. smile.gif

#459 Black_Scorpion

Black_Scorpion

X-S Enthusiast

• Validating
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:39 PM

Thanks!
I try it.

#460 Xlink-Kai

Xlink-Kai

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:56 AM

This refers to the long post a couple of posts:

What is a 74HC14? smile.gif

#461 Jameson42

Jameson42

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 04:22 PM

the 74HC14 is a sync seperator. do a search in this thread, someone posted about it a few pages back.

#462 Viscaria

Viscaria

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Computers, Longboarding
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 July 2005 - 06:57 AM

Here is a relabeled version of the pinout pic on gamesx.com. This one is labeled to correspond to the motherboard pin numbering as used in Jared's diagrams. Hope someone finds it useful.

user posted image

#463 kitejumping

kitejumping

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:kitejumping

Posted 29 July 2005 - 05:40 PM

bump, because im sick of searching for this thread when making the cable, and the search function is giving mysql errors ..lol

#464 Xpuyo

Xpuyo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:20 AM

Newbie question...

I have a projector that supports upto 1024x768 which leaves me with max of 480p mode.

I have a VGA box that accepts S-video and Composite input.

If I enabled 480p, would it still work with S-video out?

I am using EvoX dashboard, from readings, it said that 480p is enabled in it already. Does this mean that I can just wire the proper pins together and 480p mode would be on without me going into msdashboard?

thanx.

#465 leeloo5

leeloo5

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, BT, dvdshrink, messing with electronics, Half.com selling.

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:46 PM

No, you can only get HD when you are using a component cable. s-video and composite cables wont let the xbox display in hd.

Does your projector support HD resolutions? if it does, you can buy an xbox component cable ($10), a RCA male to VGA male adapter ($7), and a RCA triple joiner ($3).

Then you can change the mode on your projector to YPbPr instead of RGB.

If you dont want to buy all those parts, you could solder together an adapter yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users