timdog82001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:59 PM

also, I may be retarded, but I can't find the two 0.1F capacitors or the 680kO resistor anywhere. Where can I buy these?

#603 timdog82001

timdog82001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:25 AM

And I have one more question: If I do the VGA mod on teh scart cable and then add a svideo mod soldered directly onto the motherboard and have the s-video going to my tv and the vga to my computer monitor, of course, would it still be possible to add a switch to switch between the vga output and the s-video output, even though the vga wouldn't be hardwired to the motherboard? Or do I have to hardwire both?

#604 BuyItModIt

BuyItModIt

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Modding, especially XBOX mods.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:24 PM

You can get all the parts you need from www.maplin.co.uk.

I have a v1.4 PAL XBOX, with Xecuter3, X3 vga bios, I also have the IND latest bios (in the config app I think it has a VGA option so if it does then I'll put that vga bios on another bank of the x3). My TV is PAL I think 'cos its a U.K TV, I read in this thread that you need to set the xbox to NTSC for VGA output...is that true & if so, will it display an image on my tv for changing back to PAL again (black & white would be OK as long as I can change it back again)?

My monitor is an Acer Model No: AL1716 s. I don't know if it supports Sync On Green or not but have ordered an LM1881N circuit anyway. If I wire the LM1881N into my homemade VGA Cable (when I make it), will it be OK if my monitor already supports Sync On Green?

I also read in this thread that you need to change to HD to turn on 480p mode in MSDash, (I don't have a HD Cable or a tv with any other inputs except the red white & yellow connectors), so If I wire all three switches to the XBOX A/V Connector on the motherboard, & select HD Mode (9&10:OFF, 11&12:ON, 13&14:ON) I should be able to set the xbox to 480p in MSDash with the instructions earlier in this thread (where you can press the right buttons without anything being displayed on the TV screen) right?

This is how I want to connect everything, it's using an old XBOX A/V Scart Gold Cable, & is the way that JaredC01's VGA Diagram is, instead of using L33's Diagram from the tutorials section (reason being that it has different wiring & I would prefer to have all the wires on the cable rather than having to get +5v & a ground from a USB port on my xbox (my xbox has usb ports). My VGA Diagram. Is this diagram correct?

Thanks in advance. smile.gif

Edited by BuyItModIt, 04 July 2006 - 11:33 PM.

#605 boaby

boaby

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:50 PM

got the parts through to make a component cable - except the wire.

i've got spare cat5 lying around, would that be feasible to use or should i wait and get somethin more chunkier?

#606 BuyItModIt

BuyItModIt

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:18 AM

Well I am surprised that I got it working, took a whole 24 hours (literally, I haven't been to sleep today 'cos I've been doing the cable & audio outputs & testing settings for ntsc etc). The only problem is that it's green. I have a v1.4PAL XBOX changed to NTSC with the x3 bios. VGA Patch Enabled. 480p set in MSDash with switches 2&3 set (HD). The MSDash doesn't show up though, it loads (I can hear it through the headphones I added to the xbox), but on the monitor it says no signal input as soon as it starts to load. I have tried pushing in both thumbsticks & the triggers all at the same time, but that doesn't make any difference.

I'm not really bothered about the MSDash, I just want to fix the green screen wash, not sure how though. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Could it be the way the lm1881n is wired (jaredc01's way instead of l33's way)? Could it be the capacitors that I used (capacitors that I used)?. Could it be that my monitor already supports sync on green & so the lm1881n is making it green?

Edited by BuyItModIt, 06 July 2006 - 07:22 AM.

#607 veeper

veeper

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE(BuyItModIt @ Jul 6 2006, 08:25 AM) View Post

[...]
I'm not really bothered about the MSDash, I just want to fix the green screen wash, not sure how though.
[..]

Are you shure you are using a VGA BIOS? Afaik the lm1881 doesn't affect the color. So desoldering it would not help. If you wanna have the MS dash in 480p make shure you have the most recent version. If you don't wanna go live for the update, a newer game like NFS:MW also does the trick.

#608 BuyItModIt

BuyItModIt

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:44 AM

Yep, X3 bios with vga patch enabled, & also ind-bios latest version with 480p enabled in the animation settings.
My MSDash has the Xbox Live option.

#609 devilmaycry666

devilmaycry666

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:20 PM

Hey guys. I did the vga mod in the first post. But it doesn't seem to be working. When i plug CRT's (Tryed two) into it, the CRT's act like nothings there. But i still have audio, and normal video if i unplug my Mchip, and turn the third switch off. I think its one of the two things i did somewhat wrong.

1. I used 1.0F caps (Didn't see it intel after i made the board)
2. I was trying to use the stock AV cable as the switch one.

The chip i'm using is the X3CE with the VGA patch on (Witch sucks since i'll have to reflash the chip if i can't get this to work). and my box is a 1.0, with a conexant chip.

Should i try one before the other? They are both going to be a pain to fix, but if i can get away with only doing one, that would be great.

#610 pimpmaul69

pimpmaul69

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:06 PM

ok here is th problem..turn switch 2 and 3 on only.... this diagram is wrong when it says switch 1 and 3

#611 mitpat

mitpat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:49 PM

I've seen the av pictures on the front page but does anyone have the link to the set of pictures which show all of the pictures put together as well as one for scart

#612 Navillos

Navillos

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  • Interests:I like breaking shit!
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:19 PM

is the pinout good for v1.6 with xcaliber chips? or a focus on a 1.4? what are the switches for to turn the sections of plugs on and off? im a dumbass

i want to be able to wire in component video and s-video. also toslink audio and digital coaxial audio. i will only use either one at a time.

Edited by Navillos, 24 July 2006 - 07:21 PM.

#613 Navillos

Navillos

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  • Interests:I like breaking shit!
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:16 AM

i have a hd a/v pack that i pulled apart so i have the component plugs and toslink audio. now i just need to get s-video and digital coaxial audio plugs. i could try to pull one off an old ati video card, looks like it has like seven pins. or would the shack or frys have something like that. im ok at soldering, i installed a xerc2 no prob.

#614 JaredC01

JaredC01

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 29 July 2006 - 02:30 AM

I'm not dead guys... Well, not yet anyway... I was working on a web based tutorial in the past, but the computer I was working on it on, crashed. I will most likely be working on a new site in the near future, stay tuned.

#615 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:21 AM

Alas........if only 720p worked correctly with the vga bios. sad.gif

I've been waiting for that day forever, and likely will keep on waiting indefinently......should have switched my major from zoology to computer science, then maybe i'd be of some help to figure it out. laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users