Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:53 PM

My LM1881N chip is on its way. does anyone know what part number to look for for the 680k resister and 0.1uF Capacitors that they would carry in most radio shacks?

#662 lAze_a55

lAze_a55

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:33 AM

Can someone repost the image fromt eh first page. The actual pinout and connection image. It is getting a image link error and I need the image for reference.

#663 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:37 PM

Reposted

Mods: Please find a permanent place at xbox-scene for the image if possible.

Edited by ldotsfan, 10 September 2008 - 03:40 PM.

#664 lAze_a55

lAze_a55

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:47 PM

Thank you so much! I had just stumbled accross that tut and bookmarked it, because it was the most visual and understandable one around. Then 3 days later I went to look it up and the pic was gone. Thanks again

#665 smittykoi

smittykoi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:53 PM

Doing the vga output can i use jumper pins for the 1, 2, 3, switches and do i need switch 2 as only using monitor thanks

#666 smittykoi

smittykoi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:43 AM

also if i did the high def a/v mod do i need the orange wire and the optical & coaxial for it to work ?

#667 RARusk

RARusk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:00 AM

It has been quite awhile since I last posted in this topic.

If you are using sync separators then I recommend the ISL59885 from Intersil. It is just like the EL1883 except it no longer uses an RSET resistor. Instead you connect a 56nf capacitor to a certain pin and it will auto-sync to any sync rate on the fly. Oddly enough, even though I have some samples, I have not built anything with them.

I am interested in playing with the sync signals from the motherboard. However, the pictures I have seen of sync signal acquisition come from an earlier mobo with a Conexant chip. Are there any pictures of mobo sync acquisition from a mobo with a Focus chip?

#668 grampasso

grampasso

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:51 AM

Hi guys I'm sorry, I'm a newbie and I would like to know what's this scheme for ?
I mean, A/V Pack is a separate hardware, or the scheme refers to internal A/V board ?
It works for a 1.6 version ?
which kind of bios do I need in mine ?

#669 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:40 AM

Hi guys I'm sorry, I'm a newbie and I would like to know what's this scheme for ?

It's for building your own cable to output the various formats of video and audio the Xbox will support
I mean, A/V Pack is a separate hardware, or the scheme refers to internal A/V board ?

You can do either internal or external - this just shows you how to wire it.
It works for a 1.6 version ?

Yes, apart from the VGA output.
which kind of bios do I need in mine ?

Any BIOS. For VGA you would need a VGA BIOS, but unfortunately there isn't one for the 1.6.

#670 grampasso

grampasso

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:48 PM

Thankyou very much Heimdall for your answer. You're the first who answered me. I have an xbox 1.6 with akira2 modchip. I bought a used one so I would like to have some more information, can I ask you maybe in private message ? Don't worry to say me no, thanks anyway.

#671 ichigo3223

ichigo3223

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:49 AM

Hey guys, I'm planning on modding a Advanced A/V Pack so I can have Component connectors housed on a neat package without the need of drilling extra holes to the Xbox case. I know the A/V pack I'm using does not have the sufficient wiring to put a extra set of connectors. So I'm planning to hack the cable connector to add a extra set of connections for the Component lines.

I have a spare USB cable lying around and I though I could add like a extra cable to the connector and stick that neatly on the side of the original A/V pack cable and run it to the A/V box where I would do all the connections and stuff.

But I'm wondering, could I ground all Component signals with one ground?? The thing is the USB has 4 cables in it (Red,Green,White,Black...... and some type of shielding but thats ground as well) and I'm going to use this because I don't want to make a huge tangle of extra cables running along the side of the original one to the box.

Example:
USB Cable Color ------- Component Connector

Red --------------------- Red Component Connector
Green ------------------- Green Component Connector
White -------------------- Blue Component Connector
Black -------------------- Common Ground for all Connectors <-- ***Is this possible ??***
Wire Shielding ---------- I guess this one won't be used

Is this connection is do-able or do I have to have a ground specific ground for each one?

Edited by ichigo3223, 12 October 2008 - 03:52 AM.

#672 jakejm79

jakejm79

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

It is possible but picture quality could suffer due to interference, for video signals to reduce the interference to the signal the signal wire is normally surrounded by the ground wire (i.e. coaxial), also having individual ground wires for each part of the video signal is ideal, but my cheap HD xbox cable used a common ground. So try it out and see, but if the picture suffers from interference then that is probably your source of it. Also I would consider using the wire shielding for ground vs. just the black wire, therefor protecting the signals from outside interference (but they would still be able to interfere with each other being surrounded by a common ground and not there own).

#673 ichigo3223

ichigo3223

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE(jakejm79 @ Oct 12 2008, 02:17 PM) View Post

It is possible but picture quality could suffer due to interference, for video signals to reduce the interference to the signal the signal wire is normally surrounded by the ground wire (i.e. coaxial), also having individual ground wires for each part of the video signal is ideal, but my cheap HD xbox cable used a common ground. So try it out and see, but if the picture suffers from interference then that is probably your source of it. Also I would consider using the wire shielding for ground vs. just the black wire, therefor protecting the signals from outside interference (but they would still be able to interfere with each other being surrounded by a common ground and not there own).

Hmm... So I think the best option would be to use the black one for ground to the Green channel, and the shielding as a ground for both red and blue channels since both are almost the same signal. Hmm I think it might work.

Ok so all I would need is a couple of Component/RCA jacks and a switch. The switch would be easy to install. Just a switch with 3 terminals, the middle one would be the common ground for mode select, then one side with the HD mode pin and the other with the Advanced mode pin. There is a set of pins that both modes use by default, so I just need to bridge them together and hook up the switch the way I want it.

I'm gonna do a diagram and see if my design works.

#674 eXo

eXo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Location:Brisbane, QLD, AUST, Earth, SOL System, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:32 AM

hey guys, I did the wiring to enable HD permanently by earthing sw2,sw3 and wiring all the other 5 plugs up.

I then enabled NTSC mode but my TV which I know can support NTSC displays the picture in black and white.
Almost like it's not compatible with NTSC mode. I check the stock dash to enable HD mode but it's not there yet when the xbox boots into XBMC the TV is detecting 480i mode but I can't get to select any of the HD modes in XBMC either.

Can anyone shed any light on this? do I need like an NTSC version of the xboxdash.xbe file ?

mines originally a PAL btw but converted to NTSC with enigmahs program.

#675 spn

spn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:30 PM

Hi, sorry for my bad English...

I'm Italian, and I don't know why I cannot switch the HD resolution on my xbox

I've done this modify:

IPB Image

Than I play enigmah video switcher, I select NTSC (press cool.gif and I reset the console.

After this step, I start with the scart the original dashboard, but I don't find the options of the HD resolution...I've found only Letterbox, widescreen ecc...but ANY hd resolution...

CAN BE THE DASHBOARD (original) outdated????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users