• Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE(spn @ Dec 22 2008, 11:06 PM) View Post

Hi, sorry for my bad English...

I'm Italian, and I don't know why I cannot switch the HD resolution on my xbox
I've done this modify:

IPB Image
Than I play enigmah video switcher, I select NTSC (press cool.gif and I reset the console.

After this step, I start with the scart the original dashboard, but I don't find the options of the HD resolution...I've found only Letterbox, widescreen ecc...but ANY hd resolution...

CAN BE THE DASHBOARD (original) outdated????

Is xbox modded? Chipped or softmod? Is NTSC mode change confirmed sticky?

#677 spn

spn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Dec 22 2008, 04:15 PM) View Post

Is xbox modded? Chipped or softmod? Is NTSC mode change confirmed sticky?

The XBOX is chipped with a xchanger 2.5...

i don't know how confirm the ntsc mode...

I starth with XMBC, than I play enigmah (pre-charged on the hdd)

I press the button B, and I don't know other wise to confirm the change. I've to reset the xbox.

#678 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE(spn @ Dec 23 2008, 01:29 AM) View Post

The XBOX is chipped with a xchanger 2.5...

i don't know how confirm the ntsc mode...

I starth with XMBC, than I play enigmah (pre-charged on the hdd)

I press the button B, and I don't know other wise to confirm the change. I've to reset the xbox.

Check the NTSC/PAL mode with a dash like unleashX or XBMC. I personally use XBMC.

#679 asimmon6

asimmon6

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(JaredC01 @ Jun 11 2004, 02:28 AM) View Post

I'm in the process of modding a HD-Pack to give me S-Video and Component. So now I'm in the process of deciding what kind of switch to use.

From the great diagram on the first post of this thread, I see that I need to switch between Advanced & HDTV. Except I only want to install one little switch.

I noticed that Pins 11 & 12 are closed on both modes. so I could permanently short these connections. So now I'm only concerned with pins 9&10 and 13&14, I want to switch from one pair to the other.

Are pins 10, 12 and 14 all ground? If so, I could just get an SPDT, and connect a groung to the center pin.

If not, I suppose I'd need to get a DPDT and wire it up, so only one is closed at one time.

any suggestions?

TIA

jared's response:
Yes, you can (and in this case should) permanantly connect pins 11 and 12. Pins 10, 12, and 14 are indeed all grounding points. Just use a SPDT switch, hook up one of the 3 grounding pins to the common post on the switch, and pins 9 and 13 to the opposite sides of the switch.

Throw the switch one way, you have Component A/V. Throw the switch the opposite way, you have S-Video A/V.

Good luck with your mod!

so i read this in an earlier post and just wanted to check to see if it does work because i was getting ready to try it. the only reason i didn't want to go ahead with it was because i noticed that the red and green component hookups will be connected to the same pins as the s-video pins. will this be alright?

Edited by asimmon6, 18 January 2009 - 04:42 PM.

#680 2 Bunny

2 Bunny

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:01 AM

All right, sorry to kind of "barge in" and "grab the topic here", but I've got some questions about doing a VGA mod for xBox.

Number 1: Do I need a VGA extension cable to do this? If so, how to I get all the wires into the plug on the end? Do I just stick them in there and hope that it works, or do I yank the end off and try to watch where all the wires go? Is it do able without a soldering iron?

Number 2: If it helps, I'm using an old school NEC MultiSync LCD 1550M (1995ish I think?) that apparently supports "Sync on Green", would I be able to get non widescreen 720p out of this considering that its maximum resolution is 1024X768?

Thanks so much! The xBox Scene "Skinnex" community forum is so helpful all the time.

- 2 Bunny

#681 xoramos

xoramos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:14 AM

Good day sir, does this method work on a PAL tv with a PAL xbox?

#682 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:06 AM

The Xbox has to be switched to NTSC. The TV format is irrelevant, so long as it has a VGA (RGB) input.b

#683 2 Bunny

2 Bunny

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Sep 25 2009, 04:06 AM) View Post
The Xbox has to be switched to NTSC. The TV format is irrelevant, so long as it has a VGA (RGB) input.b

Right. No point in really having a "pal" xBox anyway. jester.gif

- 2 Bunny

#684 Dark-vash

Dark-vash

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Greatings,

I'm building a small bartop with an xbox and I've scrolled most of the topic without clearing a doubt I have about the Standard video pin out.

with the scheme I know where to connect the cables, but do I still need to use the a/v out cable on the port? or by connecting pins 9 and 10 it bypasses the need for the cable? Do I still need to use a switch in it? or a jumper would be sufficient?

Thank you.

#685 Dark-vash

Dark-vash

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE(Dark-vash @ Nov 27 2012, 12:45 AM) View Post

Greatings,

I'm building a small bartop with an xbox and I've scrolled most of the topic without clearing a doubt I have about the Standard video pin out.

with the scheme I know where to connect the cables, but do I still need to use the a/v out cable on the port? or by connecting pins 9 and 10 it bypasses the need for the cable? Do I still need to use a switch in it? or a jumper would be sufficient?

Thank you.

I've kinda answered myself. I've soldered the LCD to the board using the the scheme and bridging the pin 9 and 10 and voilá!

I'm taking pictures of the project, once I get most job done, I'll open a tread and show it smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users