JaredC01

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 June 2004 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (xerxes3rd @ Jun 16 2004, 03:46 PM)
Now that's impressive. =)

Been working with M$ Paint for years now... takes a while to get it just how you want it, but I think I've mastered the technique cool.gif.

#62 xerxes3rd

xerxes3rd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:34 AM

Hehehehehe

All 16 of it's toolbar functions, eh? I'm still impressed; I guessed that you used Visio for the diagram.

#63 JaredC01

JaredC01

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE (xerxes3rd @ Jun 16 2004, 07:34 PM)
Hehehehehe

All 16 of it's toolbar functions, eh?  I'm still impressed; I guessed that you used Visio for the diagram.

All of it's 16 toolbar functions in all their glory... lol.

What's Visio blink.gif ?

#64 xerxes3rd

xerxes3rd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (JaredC01 @ Jun 17 2004, 06:56 AM)
What's Visio blink.gif ?

If you made this sophisticated of a diagram in M$ Paint, and you don't know what Visio is, then I think it's safe to assume that you have no need for Visio at all. wink.gif For the record, "Visio 2003 is a diagramming program that can help you create business and technical diagrams that document and organize complex ideas, processes, and systems. Diagrams created in Visio 2003 enable you to visualize and communicate information clearly, concisely, and effectively in ways that text and numbers cannot. Visio 2003 also automates data visualization by synchronizing directly with data sources to provide up-to-date diagrams, and it can be customized to meet the needs of your organization." Blah blah blah, it allows you to create fancy diagrams. =)

#65 JaredC01

JaredC01

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:04 PM

Ahh... hmm... I may still check it out. Thanks biggrin.gif.

#66 xerxes3rd

xerxes3rd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 05:23 PM

I think it's pretty cool for making diagrams quickly. In my opinion, it's the best product M$ has ever bought. =)

#67 JaredC01

JaredC01

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:53 PM

Bump wink.gif.

#68 Roj X. Mugwump

Roj X. Mugwump

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 June 2004 - 09:43 PM

this is a ripper little thread... smile.gif when i get some time up my sleeve, wanna
add s-vid output...

so cool... needs a pin and a half!!!

roj

#69 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 June 2004 - 04:42 AM

Pinned! smile.gif

#70 JaredC01

JaredC01

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 04:44 AM

Thanks Brahm2, I appreciate it. smile.gif.

#71 spillage

spillage

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:16 PM

Hey much respect for getting pinned. Cool. cool.gif

#72 EvilWays

EvilWays

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 June 2004 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (illypso @ Jun 15 2004, 06:31 AM)
i dont know if it is illegal (if it is i am sorry)to ask but where can we get
the chip LM1881N
i have found a place but it would cost me like 100 buck to get it
12 buck for the chip and the rest for the shipping

try DigiKey...that's where I got my small stash...

I'm working on an alternative method of obtaining the sync signals by using the internal sync signals used between the encoder chip and GPU using only a 74HC14 chip (found some theory behind this from Oliver Schwartz on Xbox-Linux website). By the looks of it, this may clear up a few probs left by even using LM1881 sync separators (mostly the green tinting). As I don't have a working Xbox mobo ATM, I can't verify my work as of yet...plus I'm not 100% sure it'll work the same on mobos with the Focus chip as it (hopefully) will on mobos with the Conexant chip.

#73 spillage

spillage

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:09 AM

Hey EvilWays, good to hear you are still winning with the 'stripper-less' sync extraction project. Nice.

Respect due. laugh.gif

#74 illypso

illypso

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:Anything that can be hard to do in my xbox and that have a risk to broke it is a nice thing to try

Posted 29 June 2004 - 07:46 AM

I say that I would do this in my old computer case xbox,and I am doing it write now.
just want to know, i am using some IDE cable to do the conection for the vga, will i lost quality or is it fine. i will also use a old printer extention cable,( I will use the male and female plug stik together so that i can disconect them , if i want to remove the motherboard again.) so my big question , will i lose a lots on quality or will it be juste fine. i will use the Component cable most of the time on a tv that is not hdtv.

also , the one who have done this , are you removing the conecter of the mobo to pass the wire throu it or you just solder them on the pin under the mobo. seem a litle bit hard , i try it on the LAN exit and i finaly romove the entire exit with my blow torch (yes i know, i was carefull laugh.gif ) and i past the wire throu the mobo,
the problem is that there is a lots more small hardware stuff neer the exit conector so i dont want to burn one , what whould be a good way .
just asking maybe there is a way i havent think of.

any help or suggestion apreciated.

thank you

**EDIT** I finaly remove the hole thing and sollder everything, just need to reinstall and plug , hope i havent burn anything.

Edited by illypso, 29 June 2004 - 12:09 PM.

#75 illypso

illypso

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:Anything that can be hard to do in my xbox and that have a risk to broke it is a nice thing to try

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:59 PM

I finaly fishish everything, everything is in place and work fine jester.gif . ( I was sure it wasn't gona work lol) just want to know something ,
I was tinking about puting wireless headphone build in. I got a little infra red module that is made for that , he is mest up, but it still work( i remove the exit on the back and the case is broken)
I would directly solder the sound wire to it , drill some hole on the front of my old pc case xbox (the second floppy drive opening)for the infrared LED to be able to send the sound,
1.whould it work.
2 If the sound is not loud enought is there a way to boost it a little
3 This little module is working on 9Volt, this cause a litle problem, could i use the 12v exit of the xbox with a resitor,

I found the best friend for doing mod: yellow ABS cement .
the wire wont move at all laugh.gif

And again thank you very mutch for having made something like that, it is so easy to fallow. (just fallow the line, lol)

you have realy just use M$ paint for this.

**EDIT** I forgot, thank you for the website where to get the LM1881N. but I realy need to find a place where I can get it in COD in canada. I'm searching but if you know a place, It whould be nice laugh.gif It's the only thing that is not plug and my computer screen doesn't suport sync on green.

Edited by illypso, 30 June 2004 - 12:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users